307 Wont start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 Wont start
307 136 hdi is not refusing to start after changing the timing belt, its was a easy job and all the timing pin's line up perfect. I did have the fuel lines disconnected and leaked diesel. had PP connected and there is No faults
Thanks given by:
i dont think the 136hp 307 (siemens right?) has a lift pump & in that case you will probably need a tow start or to bleed the fuel system somehow. Not sure how on these if its commonrail, i used to crank off an injector nut at a time to bleed fuel in my old mg.

someone else may have more info, but try the tow start if possible.
Thanks given by:
136 is a shitmens ecu. Lift pump is built into the Hp pump and mounted on the end of the cam.

There muat be a way to bleed them as it has got a hand primer. I did crack the end injector but it was only a small drip coming out of it, nothing like thw flow I was expecting.
Thanks given by:
Get someone to crank it over while you crack each injector off
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Just run it on brake cleanrer for a bit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
When we had out seimens hdi get air in the fuel it was a bitch to get going. Need someone priming like mad. Also make sure all clips etc are done up proper as the smallest leak will stop it starting
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is fuel coming out of the return pipe, been looking at pp and its says "cam and crank scynicronisation - No" or words to that effect but its not coming up with any error code's and the timing pins are perfect, i alwase mark the sprockets and belt then count the teeth so i know the belt is fine

What should i be looking for in live diagnostics?
Thanks given by:
Had it running on brake cleaner, now think that the injectors are not opening

Is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CITROEN-P...3f2d714c82

And this the same part? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C1-C2-...4d16979a99
Thanks given by:
Injectors wont fire if the cam and crank are out of sync (or believed to be). Did you clear that fault?
Thanks given by:
dude if its not saying yes to cam/crank sync its never gonna start, even if the timing is correct its possible you have knocked the cam sensor whilst doing it
Thanks given by:
As above, fairly self-explanatory.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have not moved the cam sensor, the crank must be removed to get assess to the belt as it operates off the back of the aux belt pulley

The pulley is keyed to the shaft and the sensor has got a dowel so they cant be adjusted, im going to order a new sensor and ring for it tomorrow
Thanks given by:
My sister had an issue with the 1.6 hdi and a crank sensor before, common problem on them
Thanks given by:
£32 for a new one, there is a few part numbers for the same item tho, they should know what one i need tho?
Thanks given by:
Yeah usually quote your reg or the likes & should get the right one.
Thanks given by:
New Crank sensor fitted, still wont start, Going to look round some scrap yards for a Cam sensor and stator ring or whatever it is
Thanks given by:
Have you got cam/crank sync now?
Thanks given by:
Nope, bit strange, think the ring part is damaged now
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDI wont start whitlam222 31 3,323 19-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: whitlam222
  HDI wont start jaycc 8 1,646 09-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Poodle