Multi meter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi meter
I'm after a multi meter because I have quite a few electrical faults on the car and would like to try and sort them myself.

After looking on eBay they all seem to be around a fiver including first class postage! This almost seems too cheap, is it going to work reliably?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-OHM-Mu...51b5480f9b
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thatll do what you need...probably not all that accurate but if all your checking is voltage and continuity then itll br fine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oki doke, cheers
Thanks given by:
Power probe 3!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As said, that'll be fine for what you need - I've got a few multimeters and for this sort of work a cheap and cheerful one is just fine and they seem to last surprisingly well.

The only notable feature to check is that it has a beep function for the continuity mode, as that makes it much quicker and easier to bell wires out - some of the cheap ones don't have that function and it's difficult to work out from the badly translated text on there, but given the mention of "buzzer" I would assume that it does.

Pretty much all you need for basic automotive stuff is DC voltage, DC amps, resistance, and continuity check. AC voltage is handy for checking things in the house too but not really needed if it's purely for use with the car.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies, ordered it earlier so hopefully i'll have a go at some basic stuff in the next couple of weeks
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 04:14 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: AC voltage is handy for checking things in the house too but not really needed if it's purely for use with the car.

Wouldn't say that. AC is very handy for testing certain sensors on a car.
Ive got a cheap meter for work and a decent fluke meter for home. The Fluke is miles more accurate than the cheap one which CAN be helpful in fault finding but generally for basic electrical faults, a cheap one is fine.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turn Lights on - Trip meter comes on too (Rallye) Eddleston 5 1,815 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Last Post: BiG K