Brake Lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Lights
Hello Everyone,

Hoping you guys can help. Have an X reg 306 HDI and a question about the brake lights.

They began flickering on for a while, i.e like a switch was stuck. However now they have stopped coming on at all.

I have traced the fuse and replaced it accordingly but no joy.

Has anyone had this issue? MOT man said that it may be a brake switch that required replacement? Would anyone be able to say where it's located and where I can get a new one?

Look forwards to your responses Smile

Alex
Thanks given by:
I think the swith is located behind the pedal itself..? Someone will be able go confirm this, anyhow welcome along
Thanks given by:
switch or water in the lights shorting the connections?
Thanks given by:
Doesn't appear to be water in the lights.

Bootlight isn't working either.
Thanks given by:
It's most likely the switch, just above the pedal and is a right bugger to get at, hope you've got small hands lol.

Boot light is probably just a blown bulb.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant news ......

No unfortunately I have shovel hands. Look forwards to replacing it Sad

Thanks for the advice.

Alex
Thanks given by:
It's a nasty job, you have to do it by feeling around. And the pressed-metal bracket you have to squeeze your hand through has razor-sharp edges. Not kidding, there are blood stains on my steering rack from when I last did it.

If I was doing it again I'd wear some thin protective gloves. Latex isn't enough - it slices through them just as easily as it does your skin! Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
[attachment=13376]

That's the switch, I took mine put the other day but only as I'm pulling the entire dash out so was easy to get at lol

Couple of people on the 6 forum have said taking out the headlight panel and the drivers heater vent give good access - personally though I'd already dropped the steering column so it was simple
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No brake lights Beb 2 1,461 01-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: cully
Big Grin Brake lights not working .. L16rye 2 1,089 15-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,446 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo