2001 306 1.4 Meridian with coil pack issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 306 1.4 Meridian with coil pack issues
We've had the car ages ready for her taking her test. Typically the other week it starting playing up. It was misfiring slightly so I fitted new plugs, reset the fault code (P0200) and away we went.

It seemed ok, it's not in daily use. I take it for a spin now and then as like I say it's waiting for her taking her test. After using it again the other day it's creeping in again. Slight misfiring at low revs when accelerating.

So after a search on google, though not on here I'll admit. Undecided I decided to get a coil pack for it. I checked which it needed and ordered one off ebay.

I've just been out and fitted it and it's running rough. The management light is flashing and showing codes P0200/P0300.

I checked it 3 times for location and that I hadn't missed something.

I gave up and refitted the original and even after resetting the codes and having the battery off for a few mins it's still the same. Huh

Any ideas please folks? Is it ok to just swap coil packs? Do I need to get anything coded with ECU or anything like that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
having the battery off for a few minutes won't reset it, i'd leave it off overnight and try in the morning,

does the missfire happen under load? when you go more than 50% throttle at low speeds? if so it may be Map sensor, as mine is shafted and does this atm, just waiting on a genuine part to turn up
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Yeh try resetting the ecu for longer. A few minutes isnt enough as far as i am aware. Check to MAP sensor by unplugging it and starting the car. It should run a stock value which will either make the car run better or run like poo. If it runs better then you know the sensor is to blame.
Thanks given by:
Check feed to coil, new set of plugs, comp test on cylinders.
Sam
Thanks given by:
I've had the battery off over night and it's still the same.

It will start and for the first few revolutions it seems ok, then all of a sudden it starts running rough and the management flashes.

Then it won't idle after that and tries to stall. This is what happened after I fitted the new coil pack. I thought that by refitting the old one it would at least go back to the way it was?

Could the MAP sensor really have caused this to get worse as I've changed the coil pack?

The wiring for the coil is ok as far as I can see. The plugs were new 2 weeks ago. Haven't tried a compression test yet. I hope it's not that serious a fault to need the gasket doing or worse.

Does it sound like the new coil pack could be faulty with having got worse after fitting it? If I'd known this was going to happen I'd left it alone and lived with the minor problems compared to this. As it is it's undriveable.
Thanks given by:
With the nicest way, you have got the leads the right way round?

When my coil-pack went on the 1.4, it was nasty to drive. Consequently, when I changed mine I also fitted new HT leads. One of my leads was breaking down.

What make is the coilpack? Go for branded names....Bougicord are hard to find but I fitted a Valeo and that's OK. Few quid mind.
Thanks given by:
We can all be stupid at times. Big Grin

This is one of those all in one wasted spark units. So it doesn't have any HT leads at all.

This is the one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300893935284?s...1497.l2649
Thanks given by:
No HT leads on 1.4
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 03:59 PM)CHR15E Wrote: We can all be stupid at times. Big Grin

This is one of those all in one wasted spark units. So it doesn't have any HT leads at all.

This is the one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300893935284?s...1497.l2649

One of the later ones then....schoolboy error. Mine has HT leads!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.4 Meridian Starting Issues wainwrightj 3 1,690 09-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Last Post: wainwrightj
  cheapest place for coil pack handsomejackuk 11 3,127 24-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Last Post: jfb
  Can I tell if my coil pack is a sagem just by looking at it in situ? jfb 0 1,011 03-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: jfb