So the modifications begin!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the modifications begin!
Drag your extension lead out to the car, trickle charger on the car battery, plug in your laptop and sit still. Nearly full proof.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
welcome the the club. So essentially what you want to do on a hdiis:

Decat
DeEGR,
De backbox

the stage 1 map should see 120-130hp. Either whippy, pro steve are the most common mappers on here.

For stage 2 youll be looking at 150-160hp. The torque on these maps is fairly high so you will need an uprated clutch. Then to keep everything running nicely youll need a frount mount intercooler. You can get a limited toque 155hp map if you want to run standard clutch.
Thanks given by:
Went to jammapic today! Got it done in less than an hour great bloke knows what he's talking about. What a difference in power! Really satisfied he's in Manchester so was closer than Bristol. 100% recommended thanks again dude
Thanks given by:
SP tuning remaps were not so good last time I looked for this car.

I ran one for a bit years ago and made 107bhp at a DD rollers. But the mapping was done in the most stupid way. Injection duration tweaks only really in effect, since the other limiters that are required to be changed were not changed.

In the end I'd say this car is so well documented now on forums, you really could remap it yourself or do a pretty good job yourself if you are car/engine savvy.
MPPS tool even does checksums for this ECU, so you could remap with Tuner Pro only if you wanted which is free. MPPS is £17. PP2000 is about £75.
Cripes, Pro Steve pretty much wrote a guide on exactly what limiters you need to turn off and how much you need to turn maps up by a few years back, which was a pretty nice thing to do for anyone wishing to have a stab at their own stage 1.

Forums like ECU connections and ECU edit have threads galore for this ECU and things. More than you will ever need to do even a stage 2 map on a HDi90 or HDi110, and 2.2 HDi... though the boost controller stuff gets a bit more vague in some areas.

Today what people like me, TB205, Steve and Jamma offer is just people who will do it right and support you when it doesn't go right, and take out those question marks.
It's good now that there are trust-worthy people who have owned, own, and know these cars well, located around and about the UK willing to take on tuning jobs cheaply for the benefit of fellow enthusiasts!

Go back to 2006 when I got my HDi and there was no one I trusted and just bad experience after bad experience handing over £300 a time! It's good things have changed... 8 years though haha!

Dave
Thanks given by:
Now do you feel old Dave? When we used to hang out at RSTuning with Robbie and try our hardest to hit 150hp... :-)

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
It's very reassuring knowing that people on here have loads of positive feed back on these maps.

Took the cat out and back box, welded pipe In their place. Left the mid box in, bloody 'ell it's loud now! Not sure if I can notice any power gains though!
Thanks given by:
There won't be enough to feel the difference, you might notice the turbo spooling a bit earlier though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I might need to put a back box on as it's quite loud. Neighbours are going to love me at 4am
Thanks given by:
I ran with just mid-box and no back box originally, which was ok on stage 1. When I went to stage 2 I ran two mid-boxes as it got too loud.

No silencers is just a recipe for disaster when police decide to slap an S59 on you.

These cars seem to mask their loudness when inside/driving, but they are usually twice as loud sounding on the outside.

Dave
Thanks given by:
I'm definitely going to put a silencer on the end. Simply just to quiet it down abit. When I see police I just make sure I keep to acceleration to an all time low lol isn't so loud at low revs
Thanks given by: