Passenger Side Door Lock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger Side Door Lock
Another question,
The passenger door lock doesn't work with the central locking from any of the doors, but when i lock it from the passenger door itself it locks the rest of the car?
i can only figure its the door loom some breakages in the cable. If so, how easy is it to repair these cables i've had a look at the thread for replacing them but the only currency i can afford to spend on this car is time (its just had the whole braking system rebuild from MC back!! - Fortune!, oh and a new headlight and drop links and exhaust - Project thread coming soon!)
Hopefully someone will be able to help Smile

Cheers
PS. Everything else on the door works constantly windows, Speakers, etc.
Thanks given by:
Could be that the motor itself is faulty as well, two of them on my recent HDi needed replacing (one didn't lock/unlock at all, and the other was very slow and made lots of noise).

306's are plentiful in local scrappies and is where I got a couple of motors from cheaply, or no doubt members on here will be able to supply them as well if they are the problem.

Certainly worth belling out the door wiring first though if you have a multimeter as door loom breakages are common, especially on the earlier cars, and can cause door locking problems.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 883 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  Opening passenger door problem MY95 1 940 19-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Side skirt extensions and rear diffuser side pieces Slam Wagon 38 6,048 19-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Last Post: welshpug