My Trio of Peugeots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Trio of Peugeots
Hi all. Been on here a few months now and thought I might as well get a few pics up of the Pug fleet. Currently own 306 HDi, 306 1.4 LX and a 205 Mi16.

HDi is the diablo, X/2000 Meridian model. It's had a light clonk on the passenger front corner, cracking the bumper/hockey stick. But, for the price it was up for I couldn't really say no. And the A/C worked! Drove it for a bit whilst sorting the 1.4 and consistently returned 52mpg. Currently getting;
  • Cambelt/Tensioners/Water Pump/Aux. Tensioners/307 Pulley
  • Refurbed 307 injectors
  • Rebuilt Xsara VTS beam/Solids mounts
  • Rebuilt front suspension inc. Bilstein Shocks/VTS springs/New Mounts/BJs/TREs/Links/VTS ARB.
  • Clutch/Lever Arm Bushes
Once that little lot is done, I may consider a stage 1. Got Focal speakers to fit in the front doors too. May start a project thread on it, but it's a kinda run-of-the-norm 306 just getting a decent make-over. Idea is to sort it for another 100k or so and be the mile-muncher whilst I sort the 205 and potentially get myself another BMW.

The 1.4 was a freebie from a neighbour. Initially a bargain, but I've had to chuck a few quid at it the last 12months or so. It's covered 126k now, but still returns 40mpg on mixed driving. Recently replaced all wheel bearings on it too, plus during my stewardship it has had a front suspension rebuild, head gasket (twice, due to 1st HG being shite quality), cambelt & drums rebuild.

[Image: 3iq8.jpg]

[Image: 8pdp.jpg]

The 205 on the other hand has been stored up in the garage for the last 2 years. Not had the time to devote to it as it really needs a bare shell strip and rebuild. The shell is in great condition but a touch of rust is bubbling up on the drivers lower rear quarter where it meets the sill.

The car was bought as a 205 GTi 1.6 Ltd Edition in early 2005. At the time, I had all the parts for a nice 205 (309 gear/Bilstein Sprints/Rebuilt & lightly cammed Mi16/1.6 box/all new mounts, rubbers & bushes) for my then Miami 205 1.9 until someone rear-ended it. Anthony (Power & Torque off here) had bought this 1.6, and I was having trouble finding a decent enough shell for my parts. He very kindly let me have it. Game on as they say, as we were also booked on the Peugeot Sport Club 4 Nations Tour in a few weeks. Queue the car being thrown together. Ever since then it has slowly turned into the pics below.

Spec is;
  • 1905cc Mi16 on 1.6 box
  • Bilstein Challenge Shocks and Eibachs up front
  • Wilwood 4 pot calipers/Yellowstuff pads/285mm discs
  • 309 Arms and Shafts
  • Trans X LSD
  • 309 rear beam/ZX Volcane arms/GTi6 ARB/PTS Solid Mounts
  • Safety Devices Roll Cage
  • Sparco Evo Seat & 6pt harness
  • No interior :-D

Plans are to sort the shell and rebuild. Not really decided on engine yet but it's nailed down to another 1.9 Mi16 screamer with solid lifters and bodies, or a 2.2 Mi16. Suspension wise, i'm going back to a 205 beam and it's taken me ages to find a decent tube! Here a couple of pics of it's last outing to the 'Ring......(Not sure if it's OK to link to the ring-bilder.com site. Apologies in advance if I'm not!)

[Image: 808_2297.jpg]
[Image: 808_4010.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Quite a collection mate, that 205 is damn sexy! Even has the early 1905cc alloy-block Mi16 Inlove
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell the garage has got even worse since I last saw it lol

Really do need to get that 205 road worthy again - was a great car after we built it Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I didn't even realise there was a car in there!

Will take you a minute to dig it out. Though looked a nice machine on the track
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 02:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Quite a collection mate, that 205 is damn sexy! Even has the early 1905cc alloy-block Mi16 Inlove

Not sure about sexy......it's a little beaten up when close to it. Has 'Ring armco damage on drivers side on the wing and rear quarter. BUt, yes. The early 1.9 Mi16.......just begs to be thrashed.

(29-01-2014, 02:04 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Bloody hell the garage has got even worse since I last saw it lol

Really do need to get that 205 road worthy again - was a great car after we built it Sad

Unfortunately, the parts bin has expanded into the garden. I now have 2 big plastic bike sheds full of parts, and my new Specialized Rockhopper bike, a new passion/hobby or feeble attempt at keeping fit. The beams are in bits now, but in their place is the Mi from that red 205...finally broken and shell flogged on to MiniGibbo on Drivers. HE's now chopped it up, with the boot floor finding it's way back here.

Was a great car though, and forget quickly how much fun it was. Even the bare interior doesn't really bother me, it's more the drive the car offers. Kinda tempted to keep with the 1.9 and go with the solid lifter plan, lairy cams and bodies. There is just something about the 1.9 Mi16 that makes me grin.

(29-01-2014, 03:30 PM)mr_fish Wrote: I didn't even realise there was a car in there!

Will take you a minute to dig it out. Though looked a nice machine on the track

It's quite a deep garage. I think there is now a GTi6 engine in bits, 1905cc Mi16 lump, 1998cc Mi16 in bits and an EW 206GTi lump in there plus a couple of GTi6 boxes, a couple of beams in bits, several pairs of arms including ZX Volcane, brakes a plenty, couple of later black exterior trims and mint red strips, original and unmolested 205 looms plus the rest. I've amassed quite a collection over the years!

It was a nice machine on track. I'm sure the Evo driver I was chasing in that photo would agree too ;-)
Thanks given by:
How much better is the 1905cc? I've been offered a late iron-block from a 405 quite cheap, worth bothering with?
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 04:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: How much better is the 1905cc? I've been offered a late iron-block from a 405 quite cheap, worth bothering with?

Depends on what you want it for and how much! I'd imagine it'll need a rebuild if not already done though, before any hard use.

I prefer the 1.9 Mi16 to the 2ltr and the GTi6. IMO both latter engines feel dull in comparison to the early Mi16. It's a proper old-school 16v where it 'feels' gutless low down, but the facts show otherwise. It just begs to be thrashed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The 2 litre Mi16/S16 (XU10J4) feels like a grunty 1.9 Mi16 when run on Mi management/inlet - it's the ACAV and management that "spoils" it IMO even though, on paper, they should make it much better with a flatter torque curve and more advanced management.

No real surprise given that the two engines share so much in common, notably head design and cam profile.

GTi-6 (XU10J4RS) doesn't have the same feel or buzz that you get from an Mi but is technically better in any measureable way besides weight. I still keep getting tempted to put an Mi back in mine given that I've a rebuilt one sat in the garage, until I remember how much of a PITA they can be when they don't work and/or I blow them up... Blush
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Might take it on, it's only 50 quid, thanks lads Smile
Thanks given by: