306 dturbo not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 dturbo not starting
Hi there. Not sure if I am in right section as new to this. Bought Bought a 306 dturbo phase 2 2 weeks ago. It has been a bugger to start from cold. Bought a new battery for it as the old one didn't keep much life in it. It's had recent glow plugs. Fuel has been turned up by previous owner as well as boost compensator. Turbo is supposedly running at 28 psi.

I am at a stand still with this car . When starting the car will crank over but not fire.
Anyone know what it could be .
Here is a link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQO4rTRE...ata_player
Thanks and would greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks given by:
Moved to xud section.

Does the glow plug light come on and go off as it should? Any kind of immobiliser installed? Have you tried cracking the fuel lines off to see if fuels getting to the injectors?

EDIT: Welcome along btw, I see that this is your first post on the forum. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes the glow plug light goes on off as it should. Unsure about immobiliser as only have a key. No fob on key. Haven't tried the fuel lines. Wouldn't know where to start . Will give the good old Haynes a read and try that .
Thanks given by:
What's your location? If any one is local may be able to help you out

Thanks given by:
buggered glow plugs/wiring or fuel not getting though, there's not much to go wrong on these cars really, mine started with the cambelt slipped a couple of teeth out . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'm in Pontefract West Yorkshire. And just trying to figure out where fuel pipe / injectors are haha
Thanks given by:
Crack an injector line off and see if any fuel pisses out, if not it could be your stop solenoid on your fuel pump being nackered. this happened to mine a couple months back
Thanks given by:
Hi thanks everybody for the help . Had a mate come down and he cheesy started it and it fired straight away . As soon as it was warm turned it off and it started straight away . Got told this is glow plugs ?
Thanks given by:
Need a multimeter and check the glowplug rail is getting 12v with ignition on, or at least the first 20seconds or whatever is it. What did he do to make it work?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Put Easy start in air intake. It started straight away. Turned off after 5 mins, fired straight back up.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dturbo starting problems willJspears 15 2,733 25-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: willJspears