4-2-1 exhaust manifolds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-2-1 exhaust manifolds
Just wondering if 4-2-1 manifolds fit easily in a 306, or whether there are difficulties with clearance to the subframe an bulkhead? If anyone has any experience of this I'd be interested to hear how people have got on.
Thanks given by:
You can buy them to fit, but they aren't cheap
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above. They're fairly expensive!
Thanks given by:
Ok, thanks for the advice I saw that maniflow do them for around £400, just thinking of options for the future. Good news that it'll fit though.
Thanks given by:
There are loads of types, The higher spec 4-2-1 with equal length pipes normally start around £550.00

Here's the stainless one I do

[Image: IMG_0995.jpg]

And during fitting

[Image: IMG_1523.jpg]
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
OK, so it looks quite tight, but no problems with it knocking against the car body work?

It'll actually be for an XSi 8v engine, if I go for it, so I'd have to get a 205 GTi manifold as it'll fit to the cylinder head, then will have to get a custom exhaust place to match it up to the system. It would be a pain for sure, but quite an interesting idea.
Thanks given by:
Completely different, I doubt the 205 one will fit as the iron block is taller and the bulkheads very different, Gain's on a 8v are not worth it unless very heavily modified, 170bhp plus
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
Thanks given by:
There was a chap on the forum several years ago called Joney who fitted a 4-2-1 from a 205 gti to a 306 8v, found this doing a search but he's not been around for years as far as I can tell, so I've got no way of finding out how he did it!
Thanks given by:
You could heat it up and bend it, It's like going the other way a 306 manifold doesn't fit a 205
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, sounds like it would be a load of faff so perhaps I'll just forget the idea!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  collecor manifolds.... brake-dust 2 1,339 22-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: samass