alarm button ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alarm button ???
arighty?.... on the right hand side of my steering columb in the 6 theres a little square button ... from wot i can wrk out it has sumthing to do with the l,e,d by the center vent ... my l,e,d used to flash all the time ... now for sum strange reason it is on solid the whole time ... and the button seems to do nothing .. any ideas wot the function of this button is??? as it seems to do nothing .. altho its all plugged in ....
cheers in advance for any info... ;-)
Thanks given by:
If you turn the car off, the LED should be off. Press and hold that button and the LED should go solid. This means the ultrasonics in the car are now disabled (for if you leave someone in the car locked) until the next time you unlock the car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wink 
(26-01-2014, 09:49 PM)Niall Wrote: If you turn the car off, the LED should be off. Press and hold that button and the LED should go solid. This means the ultrasonics in the car are now disabled (for if you leave someone in the car locked) until the next time you unlock the car.

>> strange world.... like i say its on flat out now even when im cruising... and theres no bell or anything going off.... wot does thhe standard security consist of? alarm and immobiliser or just a immob... cheers niall.. ;-0
Thanks given by:
If you have that button, you have a alarm which monitors doors, bonnet, movement inside the car (and consequently glass break) and has a battery back up alarm siren.
If yours is on flat all the time, there may be an issue with it or it may have been permanently disabled.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 10:18 PM)Niall Wrote: If you have that button, you have a alarm which monitors doors, bonnet, movement inside the car (and consequently glass break) and has a battery back up alarm siren.
If yours is on flat all the time, there may be an issue with it or it may have been permanently disabled.

ok cheers for the info... ile have a look tomorrow ..
Thanks given by:
In the back of your owners manual it explanes all. Its to do with changing the alarm arming mode from internal/external mode to just external i e if you leave someone in the car or you have a dog or you want your windows down but still arm your car?.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 11:18 PM)woody Wrote: In the back of your owners manual it explanes all. Its to do with changing the alarm arming mode from internal/external mode to just external i e if you leave someone in the car or you have a dog or you want your windows down but still arm your car?.

negative on the owners manual.... its long gone ...
Thanks given by:
It also helps to re-set the alarm if you've upset it as well as disabling the ultrasonics.
In my Ph.1 if you disconnect the battery it throws a wobbly and the alarm sounds, if you start the car and hold the button down for a while it flashes the indicators and accepts the newly connected battery.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alarm. Paulb306 0 1,099 20-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paulb306
  alarm box John1.4 12 3,724 20-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  rf key fob alarm pug306driver 0 899 28-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pug306driver