Anyone done jury service lately??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone done jury service lately??
The reason I ask is the wife is doing it as of tomorrow but its 60 miles a day and was Wondering how the expenses work and car parking etc as all of which comes out of are pocket first, I know you will get it back but when and how? Huh
Thanks given by:
Should be able to claim it back daily I would of thought, just will need proof of receipts etc.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 07:59 PM)Dean Wrote: Should be able to claim it back daily I would of thought, just will need proof of receipts etc.

Ah ok, well put 30 quids worth of diesel in but forgot receipt Sad
Thanks given by:
Didn't even know it was a real thing.

Thought it was just in movies and tv shows lmao
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 08:09 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Didn't even know it was a real thing.

Thought it was just in movies and tv shows lmao

Yep unfortunately! Picked at random and you have to go or 1000 fine! Either that or if you know who's in court then that would be biased so you would be no longer required
Thanks given by:
Could try saying you're a massive homophobic racist anarchist? Conflict of interest?

I did it once, was quite cushy. 6 hours a day 5 days a week for 7 weeks, food/travel paid for, full pay from work, barely had to do anything.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
IIRC you get the expenses at the end, you need to apply for them so defo keep recipts if you can. Some stuff will be a flat rate or have a max rate you can claim (so dont go to the Ritz for lunch thinking you'll get the money back) Read up on it when you get there, theyll have leaflettes explaining it as I guess you could claim your mileage on a cost per mile to cover the share of insurance servicing, wear and tear plus fuel.
Thanks given by:
some good replies! much appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
We could claim it back at the end of each week after the second week if I remember right. Don't talk about the case to anyone though until it's over, one lass I was on the jury with posted something on fb about it and tried to add one of the witnesses, she got a huge fine and 30 days for it!
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 08:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Don't talk about the case to anyone though until it's over, one lass I was on the jury with posted something on fb about it and tried to add one of the witnesses, she got a huge fine and 30 days for it!

Did I just read that correctly? She not only discussed the trial in the public domain but she actually tried to add one of the witnesses of a trial she was a juror in as a friend on Farcebook? FFS how stupid are people?! Speechless
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 10:47 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Could try saying you're a massive homophobic racist anarchist? Conflict of interest?

I did it once, was quite cushy. 6 hours a day 5 days a week for 7 weeks, food/travel paid for, full pay from work, barely had to do anything.

7 weeks!? Sod that.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
7 weeks paid off work to do short days, no night shifts, no weekends and put your feet up.

If you get a murder or something they can be quite interesting, if you get a complex fraud or financial investigation it could be really confusing.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 10:46 AM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 08:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Don't talk about the case to anyone though until it's over, one lass I was on the jury with posted something on fb about it and tried to add one of the witnesses, she got a huge fine and 30 days for it!

Did I just read that correctly? She not only discussed the trial in the public domain but she actually tried to add one of the witnesses of a trial she was a juror in as a friend on Farcebook? FFS how stupid are people?! Speechless

I actually laughed out loud when we were told lol
Thanks given by:
I did it before, all expenses paid including car parking etc, cushdy 2 weeks off work, during summer time sitting on the grass outside the court reading books all day loved it haha
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by: