Should i keep or cancel the phone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i keep or cancel the phone
Just last Sunday i got an upgrade on 02 of an HTC One on a 24m contract, but after thinking about it I think i'm best to cancel it, as there's better things to do with £32 a month. It's a bloody good phone though, but just don't need it, basically it's £12 for the tariff and 20 for the phone. I did an online chat with them earleir and they said if that's what i want to do it's ok and just hand it in to a local shop. I want to keep it but like i say, £32 a month can be better spent saved/spent on other things
Thanks given by:
I was paying over £40 a month for my iPhone 5

Managed to get out of the contract as they couldn't offer signal in my new house, had to pay £150 to keep the phone but now I pay £13 a month Vodafone sim only 30day contract & I'm so glad I didn't just get another expensive one!
Thanks given by:
Thats O2 refresh no? You pay back the value of the phone and you can just take out another contract.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 11:18 PM)Tom Wrote: Thats O2 refresh no? You pay back the value of the phone and you can just take out another contract.

Me? Mine was with three

Value of the phone was £330 something, I argued for 30 secs and they suggested £150... Happy with that for iPhone 5 that was 10mths old
Thanks given by:
Not you haha Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Even doing that it'd be just under 500 (480odd) that's a hell of a price for a phone by any standards, much like JJ's iphone....that could get the 75 fixed up or half that to fix the Pug. I do want to keep it but i'm trying to tell myself no and i just don't need it
Thanks given by:
Depends if you can justify it or not really, only you can know that. It's a great phone, best I've owned. But contracts with high end phones are expensive. When my contract runs out in June I'll must likely just go sim free/PAYG and save some money.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 11:31 PM)Curt Wrote: Depends if you can justify it or not really, only you can know that. It's a great phone, best I've owned. But contracts with high end phones are expensive. When my contract runs out in June I'll must likely just go sim free/PAYG and save some money.

I know and you're right....thing is, i've got got an HTC One x plus, it's in for repair under warranty....i asked how much they'd give if i traded it in when i got it back....£80!! ffs Angry.....or sell it private
Thanks given by:
£32 a month! That's steep for it. I have the HTC one mini. Same fone just smaller for £20 a month on Vodafone
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 05:02 PM)Nadine Wrote: £32 a month! That's steep for it. I have the HTC one mini. Same fone just smaller for £20 a month on Vodafone

Have you put it next to the One? The size difference is so minimal.
Thanks given by:
It's the internals you're paying for on the One
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 05:02 PM)Nadine Wrote: £32 a month! That's steep for it. I have the HTC one mini. Same fone just smaller for £20 a month on Vodafone

I just checked Tesco, Voda, Viirgin ect ect....they're all £31-4 a month for 2 years for the One (not the mini) the one's got 2gb ram, 1.7 (i think) quad core cpu and a few other things the mini doesn't have....it'll be a fixed rip off by them all
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cancel insurance for £36, or keep an extra years NCB? Dave 15 3,361 04-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Insurance cancel help Daniel306 2 1,135 02-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Daniel306