Newbie 306 1.8 cabriolet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie 306 1.8 cabriolet
[Image: 8u2ytyqe.jpg] anyone fancy guiding me the right direction for a engine conversion? What would you guys put in it if it was yours??
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Smile

The 1.8 is actually a nice revvy little engine, if a little under-powered as standard. Either work with that, or XU10 from a GTi-6 would be the only other way to go IMO. Depends what you want and how much you want to spend...

Post up a thread in the appropriate section and I'm sure people will share their advice/opinions... Also have a look round at what's being done, SRowell is currently doing a lot of work to his 1.8 Smile.
Thanks given by:
Nice one thanks mate yer the engine in fairness goes well already I havent really done much with Peugeots before (normally a ford or a vag man) but I come across this for 200quid and got abit of a soft spot for it so its gonna be my project for the evenings now. I was thinking I'd be happy running 200bhp. And my budget aint massive but im in no rush to get the car done so if I had to wait for the right parts it wouldn't be the end of the world
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Thanks herby
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club.

Yes as said I am doing some work on a 1.8 engine right now. Aim is to get it to GTI6 levels of power. You can do it on a budget but the ecu is the problem as the 1.8s ecu cant be remapped :/

Anyway welcome along and that looks good for £200. Colour is unique too!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

And yes SRowell ive had a sneaky look at yours already and like what your doing with it! It has certainly given me some inspiration for where I want to go with mine. And yer the colour is pretty unique I havent seen another cabby this colour and would love to know if it was a genuine Peugeot colour. The plan is to start sourcing parts now and then start it in march im thinking off trying to get my hands on a black hard top roof for it. The car is still mot'd until july just needs two engine mounts and ball joints etc little bits n bobs and shes only done 77, 000miles
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie with 306 Cabriolet jamesw.ham 0 796 15-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Last Post: jamesw.ham
  Rory - Cabriolet Meridian newbie rorywebb432 6 1,641 06-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: 7057sam