1.4 Petrol 206 not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 Petrol 206 not starting
Posted this up on the 206 forum but they dont seem to grasp the issue over there

Having a problem with the mrs 1.4 petrol and wanted a bit of advice

About a week ago the downpipe cracked through where it meets the manifold so before the lambda sensor and fell off, engine management light came on and the car cut out. Had it towed home and got the pipe welded back up off the car put it all back together but now it won't start

So here's the question, why?

Battery is good and was left disconnected for a couple days before I put the pipe back on

When you turn the key there's just a click and that's it, had a problem with the starter not long ago so that's probably what this is. (Worth noting the engine management light wont go off)

Tried to bump start it but as soon as it turns over and starts to go it cuts out again and the management light is staying on

Any help is appreciated especially regarding if there's a way to reset the management without any diagnostic equipment the battery was disconnected for a few days before I refitted the pipe and I was hoping this might of cleared it
Thanks given by:
If it's pulled on the lambda sensor loom has it damaged the sensor earths back to the gearbox?
The crank sensor is down there too with the same bit of loom...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
The cables didn't look damaged at either end but its something ill make sure I check thanks rip
Thanks given by:
if it's just a click you get then check the condition of the battery - i left mine for a day when i first bought it and it was flat as a pancake..

also check the crank sensor, it's roughly in the same place and would prevent it from running if it's disconnected / damaged
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
It's definitely not the battery I've already checked that, where abouts is the crank sensor anyone got a picture?
Thanks given by:
it's on the front of the gearbox where it meets the engine, i'll see if i have a pic somewhere
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate never touched crank sensors before lol
Thanks given by:
Good man John had a look tonight and noticed the plug hanging down for the crank sensor Smile amazing the things you miss when your wet and tired
Thanks given by: