looks like we guna be fired...and kicked out of our home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like we guna be fired...and kicked out of our home
So I should feel fine for being taken advantage of because I work hard and got well paid work??!

Basically its ok then, because I managed to get a better paid job than some here?

And yes I hold down another job, as does the mrs, and we both do about 30hours a week charity work each on top.

And we average 20-22hrs a week joint.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is that 2 paid jobs plus the charity work? If you feel over-worked then surely that's the first thing you need to reduce...?

It's not a better paid job, but a job with the added benefit of having somewhere to live come with it. You're like a live-in gardener-come-handyman, plenty of similar positions are held down nationwide - it's not a new thing.

All I'm getting at is, an additional 3 hours a week - on average - is f*ck all in the grand scheme of things. Many others, myself included, would be expected to do nearly that a week without extra pay, it's only half an hour a day more than you're contacted for.

Who is the one complaining anyway? You? The land owner/your employer?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Ive never moaned about doing extra work...

But they are saying we should do more!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 07:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: Ive never moaned about doing extra work...

But they are saying we should do more!

If you've got a contract then just say you have x hours in your contract. Maybe agree that you may have to do 5 hours overtime a week or something.
Thanks given by:
If you leave, I'll take your place.
Thanks given by:
Just need to sit down with the boss and work out a better contract, and maybe give up the charity work in order to do more work for him. With set hours and a set rate of pay.
Be civil about it, because he's the one with the better set of cards in his hand.
Thanks given by:
Thing is, we do have set hours and set pay.

He also told me last year to tell them if we were doing more hours than paid for...which is kinda what bugs me most Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: