New to hdi and have a non starter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to hdi and have a non starter
Lol... Somethings wrong with those codes, you cant possibly have so many things broken at once surely!! Clear them all and see which ones come back. Only thing that could cause all that is a loom problem. Or possibly the ECU plug.

P0230 is fuel system (primary)
P0200 is injector circuit
P0190 is fuel rail pressure circuit
P0220 is throttle position sensor circuit(B)
P0120 is throttle position sensor circuit(A)
Thanks given by:
They wouldn't clear. Or they would clear and come back on as soon as ignition turned on. Could it be the brown relay???
Thanks given by:
The brown relay could cause some of those faults, but not the TPS or injector faults afaik.

Is the TPS even plugged in? It won't stop it starting but I'd be surprised if both circuits for it broke together, which is partly why I'm guessing at a wiring fault.
Thanks given by:
Yeah pluged in. Wiring is a bit of a mess though looks like its been off before. Is the loom an easy job?
Thanks given by:
Could be bad earths, give them all a damn good clean and check them for continuity. If they're all good i'd start looking at the rest of the loom, the link in my sig should tell you most of the expected readings for the various sensors.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Id already ordered a brown relay and its not that or the fuel pressure sensor in rail.

How do I check the earth's? Where are they?
Thanks given by:
Earths are on the gearbox, chassis (other end of big battery negative cable) and block. If you get a multimeter and place one needle on the earth point and one on the correct pin in the plugs for the tps and frps. While you're there i'd check the maf and the connections between the injectors and the ecu too.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just realised I have no battery light with ignition on? Also on first crank the handbrake light comes on dim?
Thanks given by:
When you went to see it before buying, was it completely cold or had the owner been out in it that day?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was warm
Thanks given by:
So all the earths check out ok
Thanks given by:
Did you check your main earths too? No battery light with ignition indicates a fault with your charging circuit or a bad earth. Or possibly an issue with your ignition switch, but if everything else is lighting up ok i don't think it can be that. Would be worth checking the relevant fuse and that the bulb hasn't blown.

Failing that, you may have to get an auto-electrician out, i'm still a bit out of my depth with chasing electrical faults.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have had another look at car today. Putting the multi meter on injector wiring and one probe to earth I get 6/7 volts with just ignition on. Couldn't get a reading from the rail pressure sensor though. Probably me. Have battery light back fuse 28 had blown
Thanks given by: