I was told i should have something more grown up..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was told i should have something more grown up..
I was talking to someone earlier, they said "is that your car" (pointing to the Pug), yep that's what i drive, well apart from a Rover 75 too...."you're to old for that, it's a cheap young uns car, that's the kinda thing you might when you can't afford something newer and decent". I said "oh really, let me tell you, it may not look new ect but it's bought n paid for and hasn't seriously let me down in 3 years, apart from a clutch WHICH can happen to anything". He reluctantly aggreed but said "stick to the Rover it's a better car and still diesel". I could have spoke/argued more but just couldn't be arsed.

I guess he just doesn't like Pugs or old 306's, oh well....i've got a strange fondness for it....don't know why either though truth be told
Thanks given by:
Cool story bro
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I get the opposite when I say I'm 22 & have a vectra...
Thanks given by:
I assumed the Rover series was done by age, as in, to own a Rover 75 you needed to be over 75?
Or stupid of course
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 07:47 AM)Piggy Wrote: Or stupid of course

Slightly narrow minded wouldn't you say?

75 diesel has a bmw engine & can be fettled a lot, I'd have the ZT!
Thanks given by:
Still an awful car, sorry. Imo tho, which is only an opinion.

As yours is...you drive a vectra, so Im not surprised you like an old mans 75 in drag Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
To be fair, the Rover 75/MG ZT isn't a bad car, and it's bloody cheap for what you get...

I got the same reaction in the Octavia, despite 210bhp it was an old mans car apparently. Of course now I'm 26 my lass is always trying to talk me into a brand new Audi A4 or something like that, while I'm just looking at older and older cars lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 07:46 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I get the opposite when I say I'm 22 & have a vectra...

CSB I had one at 18

:p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I hate people like that. Sounds like my entire family actually, they all think the 205's a bag of shit lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Some neighbours say "you've had it a while now" (as i've a habit of changing every few weeks or months), they don't say it's crap ect just that......like i say, i still like it but at the same, i dont

As regards the Rover, yes it seems like the better out the 2 but parts are dearer too ranging from a couple of quid to double
Thanks given by:
I don't talk to my neighbors, its the way forward.

I don't get comments about cars from people at work either cos I end up fixing their new cars or because they have old or modified cars too.

Also my parents are PSA fans and know I'm on my 12th 306 so wont say anything either.
Thanks given by:
That's why you need a '6...everyone who has ever said that to me has shut right up when I put my foot down!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I get constant comments from neighbours complaining about working on cars in my drive, having a loud exhaust, parking on the street, friends coming round with loud exhausts, filling my car with veg outside my house, smoky starts on a morning, they all get the same response. f*ck off!
Thanks given by:
I did buy something more grown up... Then I got bored.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:42 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I get constant comments from neighbours complaining about working on cars in my drive, having a loud exhaust, parking on the street, friends coming round with loud exhausts, filling my car with veg outside my house, smoky starts on a morning, they all get the same response. f*ck off!

Ah the joys of a good old council estate.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:42 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I get constant comments from neighbours complaining about working on cars in my drive, having a loud exhaust, parking on the street, friends coming round with loud exhausts, filling my car with veg outside my house, smoky starts on a morning, they all get the same response. f*ck off!

I'd put an asbo on you Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 07:47 AM)Piggy Wrote: I assumed the Rover series was done by age, as in, to own a Rover 75 you needed to be over 75?
Or stupid of course

Rover 200 and 400? D:
Thanks given by:
Alot of abuse can normally resolve around the condition of your car, mines a shed so got alot of grief for it lol, but I would be proud to drive something in the region of what Ed Doe use to maintain his car to.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't get anything like that at all, my supervisor says, Andy that car has been rebuilt more times than your in here,
He says that when I want to put a hol in, He said mind, doing jobs your self saves money!
He's said I have not thought about working with cars as a job, also said that id be great putting a kit car together!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 12:09 PM)stu9 Wrote:

I'd put an asbo on you Big Grin

None of that is illegal, plus my neighbours are all stuck up twats. One of them puts notes through my door if I don't trim my hedge for a month, sweep up leaves, or bring my bins in within an hour of them being emptied (I'm at work). I just put a note through his door attached to 3 that he'd put through mine saying he probably wouldn't have time to stick his nose into my business if HE GOT A f*cking JOB!
Thanks given by:
Wanna buy my Vectra Stu?

It's suited to the older gentleman....nice high seating position, light controls (cable gear select, hydro clutch etc), comes in a nice boring shade of grey and has huge knobs for controlling auto-lights and stereo, very useful for those arthritic hands. Wink
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 03:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Wanna buy my Vectra Stu?

It's suited to the older gentleman....nice high seating position, light controls (cable gear select, hydro clutch etc), comes in a nice boring shade of grey and has huge knobs for controlling auto-lights and stereo, very useful for those arthritic hands. Wink

Perfect for you then tom...
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When I had my tyres fitted at Kwik Fit one of the mechanics was trying to convince me to swap my '6 for his 318i.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 03:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Wanna buy my Vectra Stu

No ta...had one

(23-01-2014, 04:30 PM)RetroPug Wrote: When I had my tyres fitted at Kwik Fit one of the mechanics was trying to convince me to swap my '6 for his 318i.

I know what i'd have
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 05:43 PM)stu9 Wrote: I know what i'd have
Well I know which I'd have as well, hence why I've got it! Inlove

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 09:28 AM)Tom Wrote: I hate people like that. Sounds like my entire family actually, they all think the 205's a bag of shit lol
haha, my family hates my 30. just because its broken down 4 times since ive had it and that it replaced my first car which was a really clean mk4 golf. still prefer the pug though.
Thanks given by: