Difference between A/C and non A/C.? read within.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between A/C and non A/C.? read within.
Well, was wondering why I had little heating inside the car, went to change the matrix, pulled out the blower motor to fix the squeak.
And the flaps for to block off the outside air coming in, hot air going into the car are not there.

So was wondering, is there any difference in the non A/C and A/C models where them flaps are, where the blower motor sits?

Just wondering if I could keep the A/C centre bit, where the controls are, and change the passenger side bit, so I can have a deep glovebox lol
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a lot of work for just having a slightly bigger glove box. Im fairly sure that the blower motors are different between AC and nonAC.
Thanks given by:
Yep the entire setup is different. The non ac models don't have a recirculating function so they don't need a flap there.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Balls, it's not the fact that i want a bigger glove box, the fact that the flaps arn't there. And I don't know if they are replaceable. ughh
Thanks given by:
Not sure what the problem is here? As Niall says, there's no recirculate flap on non AC models anyway.

And I cant see the hot air mixer flap would disappear anywhere?
Thanks given by:
There is a flap, its more a stop flap than a recirculation tho. And you can fit the non-ac part to the A/c center bit like your saying. Iv done it to mine, auto heater but still have the big glovebox and original inlet position.

Its not a direct fit, you either need a plastic welder or lots of fibreglass

[Image: Peugeot%20306%20Heater%20Controls.jpg]

See the setting below 0
Thanks given by:
I have A/C, there are no flaps there at all, havn't been there since i got the car, hence why i have had no hot air at all, just cold.

I was just wondering if i could replace the passenger side box, with the blower + flaps with a non A/C one.
And if the flaps are replaceable.
Thanks given by:
The flap is mounted in a triangular shaped housing with a motor on the end, that part could be changed as a unit.
where your inlet is all the way over at the left hand side of the car. the Non-A/c car has it about 400mm closer to the centre of the car.

Iv seen cars where that flap is jammed shut and the windows alwase steam up, im guessing that the old owner removed it so solve it
Thanks given by:
Yeah, its got cogs on the end of it, there are 2. One near the bulk head, other one is towards the centre of the car I think. But they are both are removed. Hence why i'm freezing, and the inside of the windows are getting wet with moisture.
Thanks given by:
You could take the scuttle panel off, cut a bit of plastic to the correct shape and silicone it in place
Thanks given by:
I was thinking something like that, apart from silicone... builders foam? lol
Thanks given by:
Iv seen the underside of and Rs turbo made of expanding foam and paint, so i done see why it wouldn't work altho it would be a messy
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 12:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: Sounds like a lot of work for just having a slightly bigger glove box. Im fairly sure that the blower motors are different between AC and nonAC.
On a '6 you have more space to get to things like the oil filter etc. and no pipes in the way of doing the clutch cable which is nice...however I wouldn't remove aircon if I had it unless it was for track.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 10:14 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Iv seen the underside of and Rs turbo made of expanding foam and paint, so i done see why it wouldn't work altho it would be a messy

Spray it inside a plastic bag sou you can mould it ;-)
Thanks given by: