Exhaust advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust advice?
Hi all,

My rallye has had an annoying rattle from the catalytic converter since before my ownership, finally took a look and it looks as if the cats about naffed and some pikey has welded it to the mid section Censored which sucks as i really like the exhaust thats on it at the moment (believe its a scorpion system)

So basically i know i could always bodge it up but im a believer in doing a job properly and i want the car to sound right. so what exhaust systems (and decat pipes) do people regularly recommend on a 306 rallye?

Matt
Thanks given by:
I reccomend de cat thats for sure! Magnex are quite loud. A few have longlifes but they're pricey (imo). Dont really know much about petrols tbh.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom,

I dont want anything too loud, those days of a 2inch straight through kam-racing system on my old 106 GTi shooting flames and banging everywhere are somewhat over lol

Plus i cant be arsed with the local plod pulling people over all the time for noisy exhausts and slapping 50 quid fines here there and everywhere! just want something with a nice little tone, basically as it is now but without the rattle or the cat lol

Matt
Thanks given by:
You could cut the cat off and weld or join a new one in place somehow?
Or if not, buy another scorpion midsection and cat and add the backbox.

Or, if you can get hold of a good condition standard exhaust one they are actually really nice if you've never had one.

Failing that, miles makes exhausts to order and they're supposed to sound nice, not be restrictive and are not too loud and pass track day sound inspections etc.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I'd say magnex if don't mind abit of noise believe they're 2.5 inch and scoripen are 2.25.

so scorpion are abit more raspy but magnex I regraded as best for power increases
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
After a little think over bait time i have fired off an email too Mongoose exhausts.

I have always used theyre exhausts on my various clios and on a saxo i used to have and i rate them above the rest so might see about getting one made up Smile

For anyone that wants too know more search youtube for 'Mk1 Clio Mongoose Exhaust' and you'll see what i mean Wink

In the mean time i think i'll try and repair the current one, Magnex does sound nice but i think unless its boosted the extra 0.25 of an inch just makes a noise difference. I love the noise of mine on tickover!

Matt
Thanks given by:
Mongoose are great systems. That's what I had on my '6 and I believe Matt has one on his Rallye too. Sounded brilliant with a decat, plenty of pops on the overun. Not over the top though. Only time I found it too much was driving to Devon, and then under load going up hills was a bit punishing. I would have thought you could get one off the shelf though? I know plenty of people have run them.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Curt, just what i wanted too hear Big Grin theyre systems are a good price but IMO worth every penny.

Cant seem to find one anywhere though :/
Thanks given by:
Found this: http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/455...005-g.html
Thanks given by:
Top bombing Big Grin

I was only looking on the official mongoose site so perhaps they no longer make them?

I shall ring that company and see if they have stock Smile

Thanks again Curt Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice decat here mate you can have for £15 Wink

[attachment=13548]
Thanks given by:
That doesnt look like any de-cat pipe i have ever seen before in my life lol
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 03:31 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Top bombing Big Grin

I was only looking on the official mongoose site so perhaps they no longer make them?

I shall ring that company and see if they have stock Smile

Thanks again Curt Smile

Yeah, I had a look at the Mongoose site and couldn't even see Peugeot listed... Maybe they have discontinued them and it's down to other suppliers remaining stock. It said on there something like 1-2 days, so fingers crossed.

No worries dude Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 04:08 PM)underground375 Wrote: Nice decat here mate you can have for £15 Wink

Gti fitment? Wink
Thanks given by:
Yes mate! its a empty box better then a straight pipe Wink
Thanks given by:
Lol im sure it does the job but im looking for a nice shiny new one if i can, preferably with no box Smile
Thanks given by:
a good place is "some" powerflow or longlife exhaust centres although do abit of research as some are alot better than others.
If I didn't have the magnex I'd probably go for a custom build 2.25 running decat and small silencer.

here a video of my good friend's exhaust at pugfest a few years ago running that set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZDrNld...ata_player
Thanks given by:
shinny if its new , will soon turn dirty and brown over time Tongue
Thanks given by:
I can't believe spent a hour polishing this just to go under the car lol

[Image: 20131213_151240.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep that looks about the same as the exhaust i currently have!

Shame they never stay that shiny for long Sad
Thanks given by: