Vectra MOT - Pass or Fail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vectra MOT - Pass or Fail
So yeah, the Vectra goes for MOT on Friday, should be interesting!

So what do you reckon, pass or fail? Tongue

Tom
Thanks given by:
Hopefully fail so you can buy a 306 Tongue

Much worry though!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They generally pass, i have owned a couple of vectra's and they have all passed first time, the only common issues are the rear rose bushes and front drop links tend to wear out quickly! Wink
Thanks given by:
Pass Smile
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 06:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: Much worry though!?

Honestly? That's like asking the Pope if he's a Catholic.... lol

I know it cant fail on anything daft like a bulb as the Vec uses the CAN system to warn of this...and it doesn't coal at all so should pass smoke test easily...but I am worried about suspension or brakes failing tbh.

(21-01-2014, 06:30 PM)nath86 Wrote: They generally pass, i have owned a couple of vectra's and they have all passed first time, the only common issues are the rear rose bushes and front drop links tend to wear out quickly! Wink

Not sure which ones they call rose bushes? There is some major clunking from the rear end though, and camber on particularly the NSR wheel which gives a loud drone at speed....I'm thinking this is the banana arms though?

Drop links should be fine, I replaced them when the front spring snapped last year, just two weeks after it'd been MOT'd by the previous owner. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
google vectra rose bushes, hard to describe but they are on the rear and clunk when worn Sad right pita to replace btw, if it was me id have a garage do them!!
Thanks given by:
Ah, they are the bushes on the trailing (banana) arms so what I expected tbh. Unfortunately my driveway is like a rally stage since all the wet weather so I'll be buggered for fixing anything myself as the jack just sinks into the floor instead of the car going upwards lol.
Thanks given by:
itll pass and youll be stuck with it for another terrible year waiting for a 306.
Thanks given by:
When it passes it's getting sold lol....unless it fails too badly, in which case it'll get sold even quicker lol.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 07:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: When it passes it's getting sold lol....unless it fails too badly, in which case it'll get sold even quicker lol.

and then you can buy another 306!
Thanks given by:
It'll fail, and on the sheet there will just be big red marker around the bit that says:

Vauxhall Vectra
Thanks given by:
so.... youve taken it to the garage early and its failed?
Thanks given by:
Don't think so...I'd probably remember if I had. Confused It's going in Friday morning...
Thanks given by:
I recon it will pass tom,
Thanks given by:
Should pass tom. If not you can buy my hdi went straight through last week. Advisory on ball joint :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, rather uneventfully it passed first time. Confused

Just advisories on OSF tyre at 3mm (Vauxhalls fault for not fitting TC Tongue ) and front to rear brake lines slightly corroded.
Thanks given by:
Wahoooo!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
booooooooo!

sorry, I mean, yay Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well congratulations mate. Looks like you had the best possible outcome. Now you can sell it and buy a 306. Please!
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 03:54 PM)SRowell Wrote: Well congratulations mate. Looks like you had the best possible outcome. Now you can sell it and buy a 306. Please!

Yer do this then complain it don't do enough mpg sell it buy a golf and wait till it goes bang then buy a vectra again Wink :Lol:

Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:06 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 03:54 PM)SRowell Wrote: Well congratulations mate. Looks like you had the best possible outcome. Now you can sell it and buy a 306. Please!

Yer do this then complain it don't do enough mpg sell it buy a golf and wait till it goes bang then buy a vectra again Wink :Lol:

It'ss the cirrrccleee of liffeeee
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

It's getting sold...but not for a 306. You have to remember I've had 7 of the bloody things now! lol

(24-01-2014, 04:06 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Yer do this then complain it don't do enough mpg sell it buy a golf and wait till it goes bang then buy a vectra again Wink :Lol:

You missed out about 4 cars between the Golf and Vectra. Tongue

I don't want the hassle of changing cars anymore though, and changing to the Vectra didn't have the expected effect. So I'm trying different tactics this year, priorities have changed....and cars really aren't near the top of the list. Wink
Thanks given by:
nice one tom! yeah I heard that you are switching to bikes this year. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Lol, thats not quite what I meant. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Another golf?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:46 PM)Tom Wrote: Another golf?

Nope, they're so good they've held too much value. I would if they'd dropped to a sensible price. Sad
Thanks given by:
So you going small petrol?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Really don't know atm, but it won't be anything interesting/exciting at all. And won't get modded at all either. Had enough of wasting money on cars when there are better things it could go into. Smile
Thanks given by:
FIAT QUBO lol
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 05:06 PM)Martin306 Wrote: FIAT QUBO lol

nah that's too hard core for him!
he's been looking at reliant robins
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2004 Vectra 1.9cdti clutch fault!? Piggy 10 1,994 23-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  problem with Vauxhall Vectra 2.2diesel Elite Josh1994 34 11,463 29-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  vectra c 1.8 clutch problem td_dan 8 2,687 21-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Last Post: td_dan