berlingo hdi project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
berlingo hdi project
hi guys this my little project which due to a baby on the way is gonna be a slow one lol, anyway here goes:

I recently found this little ex british gas berlingo with no mot and been stood for a year but outstanding service history and only 70k miles so snapped it up, there was a few little problems that were obvious and got them sorted before mot like tyres were low and backbox was missing lol. I bought some part worn tyres and a new backbox and put it in for a mot and yes it failed lol.

needs new discs and pads
2 droplinks
2 coil springs at front
cv gaitor
1 sidelight bulb

£150.00 later on parts and a weekend in the cold and every thing has been replaced ready for mot re test and the following day it passed, so very chuffed now 1 years mot and a quick service it was running sweet and I could start planning some things to do with it.

1st thing was a wash and quick clean inside as it was covered in tree bits and cobwebs lol.

after a quick wash it was ready to see the road and this was how it looked
[Image: image2_zpspoupeaxh.jpg]

the bodywork is mint with no rust or dents , so 1st plan was some wheels as the steels are so ugly, so picked up a set of 16" nimrods refurbed in dark grey metallic and although not everyones cup of tea, I think look good on it.

[Image: image1_zpsbzjuyq1l.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had to use 15mm hubcentric spacers and 45mm bolts to correct the offset but they sit perfect now and fill the arches well, iv been speaking to Steve at hdi tuning about stage 2 map for it but its the Siemens running gear so waiting a few weeks for him to develop one.

next thing on my list is a:

decat and a ore free flowing exhaust
front mount intercooler
manual boost controller
and possible an uprated clutch although mine feels good at the moment
Thanks given by:
I like it. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
will look better when I drop a bit and get front mount on Wink
Thanks given by:
Like it alot the nimrods look at home on it Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
cheers im picking up some 307cc 180 brakes next week with 302mm discs so looking forward to seeing them behind the wheels
Thanks given by:
Nice,can see this being absolutely beast when done
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
yeah will be nice to have something nippy and different have agreed to stage2 with steve at hdi tuning but for me its where do I stop lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,458 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013