HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH
(20-01-2014, 08:24 AM)Dave Wrote: Your issue is probably due to a smaller plunger in the head, you need to change them both as a pair not just the head itself but the parts that go into it from inside the pump too, upto the Camplate.

It didn't say any of that in the guide I was not trying to mod the pump just seal it from leaking , the pins that go on the springs came out and I put them back in

I didn't change the head just took it off replaced the rubber seal and put The same head back on
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
Apologies I read this title thinking it was a head change rather than a reseal, did the pump turn over by hand with the normal easy-hard-easy-hard motion on the pulley? Things I can think of if its just the head been off, check the solenoid valve is fully opening, the pump could be completely aired up, or are you sure the control pin has sat back into the control collar of the plunger?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 02:59 PM)Dave Wrote: Apologies I read this title thinking it was a head change rather than a reseal, did the pump turn over by hand with the normal easy-hard-easy-hard motion on the pulley? Things I can think of if its just the head been off, check the solenoid valve is fully opening, the pump could be completely aired up, or are you sure the control pin has sat back into the control collar of the plunger?

No worries yeah pump turned over fine , iv taken the spring and plunger out of the solenoid but seems to be making a lot of pressure to the solenoid so much that when done up tight it is leaking Confused

I think so the shaft thing in the middle popped up so I tucked it back under the black thing to the side of it if that makes sense lol
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Cold start issue- fuel pump? Blaze Addict 3 1,812 20-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Is immobiliser coded to fuel pump? Huddo 2 1,531 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ruan