Stop Kony.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Kony.
I would like to point out that the 'charity' behind this campaign made over $8,000,000 last year and only 33% of it went to their charities..

There's a lot of things people don't know and just because they've been suckered in by a video, think they know all about it..

EDIT: Link to article here, defo worth a read: http://www.sabotagetimes.com/life/kony- ... -campaign/
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i dont think it's about caring for the kids as such, i think its more about being a human - it's morally wrong to kill/mutilate/kidnapp children whatever country they're in...

So for those saying this is a bandwagon campaign gtfo - yes, i've liked the videos, spread what i could but in all honesty i make very LITTLE difference overall and i know that, but thinking i've done something which cost me nothing to potentially help someone else is life rewarding...

/close
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Think im going on a drinking sesh on the 20th, sorry.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Think im going on a drinking sesh on the 20th, sorry.

nice :thumbup:
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
oh and @ Midnightclub,

that figure is the charities turnover, 33% went to the cause, fair enough - think of the outgoings for this organisation - staff costs, transport to uganda, school visits, meetings, posters, bracelets, aid boxes.. the list is endless - think of it as a new buisness, you'd be doing well if you made that much profit, let alone GIVING it away...
Thanks given by:
Good point above, unfortunately not everybody needed to get the job done is willing to donate their time/money/resources for free. However, that 32% does seem a pretty low percentage, almost as poor as oxfam.

This is the charity I donate to; http://www.merlin.org.uk/. Merlin are one of the few charities that stay on long after public interest has wandered off, which to me seems the most important factor in bringing about genuine change and improvements to quality of life. I guess in reality there's no telling which charities are there for the right reasons, short of actually donating our own lives to the cause all we can do is donate to the one with the cleanest face and hope.

And sorry Ginge, but can't resist this one;

ginge191 Wrote:So for those saying this is a bandwagon campaign gtfo - yes, i've liked the videos, spread what i could but in all honesty i make very LITTLE difference overall and i know that, but thinking i've done something which cost me nothing to potentially help someone else is life rewarding...

Is that not pretty close to being a definition of what it is to climb on a bandwagon..? :think:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/

just somthing i wanted to share

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Is that not pretty close to being a definition of what it is to climb on a bandwagon..? :think:

i dont think im going to get involved in this one, but no, no that is not the definition of a band wagon... as i know the FACTS... bandwagon'ers do it because everyone else is..

:think:

Oh and FYI, there are 3 different "Anti-kony2012" campaigns, ALL giving off different statistics for the same point...
there is always going to be conspiracy writers behind any campaign - "the US gov'ment blew up the trade towers to give a reason to start a war..." and so on...
Thanks given by:
"However, Invisible Children was accused of spending most of its raised funds on salaries, travel expenses and film-making.

Bloggers also pointed out that NGO watchdog Charity Navigator had given the group only two out of four stars for financial accountability.

And an article in Foreign Affairs which accused Invisible Children and other non-profits of having "manipulated facts for strategic purposes" was circulated on the web."

hmmm....

And standing back from the tunnel vision, where is this countries government anyway..and if it is in such a mess that is cant stop "ganglords" isnt that a place to start digging...more than bringing down a bad guy me thinks
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
So, this could just be one big scam?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Not a scam as such dec but being made out into something it's not.. possibly
Thanks given by:
If they try to stop him they are going to have to kill some of the kids. Catch 22!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But lets be honest, they are not going to catch him!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
if they could find bin ladin in a house how they going to find a man in a jungle!

Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Poodle Wrote:Is that not pretty close to being a definition of what it is to climb on a bandwagon..? :think:

i dont think im going to get involved in this one, but no, no that is not the definition of a band wagon...

You're absolutely right, no idea what i was thinking there, not much apparently. lol

Moonstone's got a damn good point!

/change subject and hide
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
[Image: breakdownofexpenses.jpg]

Quite interesting where the money is going - proving my point that the dispersion of £££ is more than just donating 100% to the poor kids...

a critique of the critics - http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.invisiblech ... iques.html
Thanks given by:
Just saw this on FB and thought of this thread.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ yeh saw that also, quite funny! lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah made me n mrs chuckle too Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Relevant..

[Image: aVJo5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha! :d
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Also note the main point of the IC charity is awareness over direct action, as they've realised that's how you actually change shit, no matter how much cash money they have, what can they do? You need the support of the people, so you can pressure govts and major NGOs into actually sorting stuff out.

Again I'll re-iterate that the point of the campaign is awareness, and if you watch the video they even mention that this is just an isolated case, but if they can convert apathy into action it may spread down the ICCs list of war criminals.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:I would like to point out that the 'charity' behind this campaign made over $8,000,000 last year and only 33% of it went to their charities..

There's a lot of things people don't know and just because they've been suckered in by a video, think they know all about it..

EDIT: Link to article here, defo worth a read: http://www.sabotagetimes.com/life/kony- ... -campaign/

This above is what I disagree with. Never in the mission statement was it ever mentioned as giving money to the children. The whole point of this campaign is to make Kony famous so that people know what the problem is. If you watch the video you will have seen that america has already sent in forces to solve the situation however they will with draw them if there isn't considerable public interest. The whole point of the campaign is to generate this public interest to keep forces in Uganda NOT to donate money to the children in Uganda!

As for not knowing where the money is going and saying it is going to gangs or other bs then why would they build such a profile charity and then get involved with american politicians? Seems like a pretty long shot.

Also I heard today that another conspiracy was that the whole KONY 2012 was a plan by American Government in order to make up a false story so that they could militarise Africa. Because It is between them and China. BS!
Thanks given by:
Love that last theory, pretty much everywhere is between the US and China lol!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If you sing this to the sound of the fresh prince of bel air theme tune..

IN WEST UGANDA, BORN N RAISED
ON THE BATTLEFIELD IS WHERE I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS
CHILLIN' OUT, MAXIN' RELOADIN' ALL COOL
AND TAKING SOME AFRICAN KIDS OUT OF THEIR SCHOOL

WHEN A COUPLE OF LIBERALS STARTED MAKING ME FRET
STARTED MAKING TROUBLE ON THE INTERNET
THEY STARTED ONE CAMPAIGN AND MY MEN DEMANDED, THEY SAID "YOU'RE MOVIN WITH YOUR KIDS TO A BARRACKS IN SUDAN"

I WHISTLED FOR A VEHICLE AND WHEN IT CAME NEAR
IT WAS A SCHOOL BUS WITH ARMED KIDS IN THE REAR
IF ANYTHING I COULDA WENT TO A FEW VILLAGES AND INSTALLED MORE FEAR
BUT I THOUGHT "NAH, FORGET IT, YO KIDS WE'RE OUTTA HERE"

I PULLED UP IN THE SUDAN 'BOUT 7 OT 8
AND I YELLED TO MUSEVENI "UMAD, SMELL YOU LATER"
LOOKED AT MY ARMY COMPOSED OF ALL OF MY HOMIES
TO SIT AT MY THRONE, COS I'M JOSEPH MOTHERFUCKIN' KONY

lol
Thanks given by:
Saw this on Facebook lol haven't laughed so Hardin a while!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Lol at the pictures. Tbh I really dont care. Things like this have been going on all over the world for hundreds of years. Liking and sharing a video wont change anything.
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:If you sing this to the sound of the fresh prince of bel air theme tune..

IN WEST UGANDA, BORN N RAISED
ON THE BATTLEFIELD IS WHERE I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS
CHILLIN' OUT, MAXIN' RELOADIN' ALL COOL
AND TAKING SOME AFRICAN KIDS OUT OF THEIR SCHOOL

WHEN A COUPLE OF LIBERALS STARTED MAKING ME FRET
STARTED MAKING TROUBLE ON THE INTERNET
THEY STARTED ONE CAMPAIGN AND MY MEN DEMANDED, THEY SAID "YOU'RE MOVIN WITH YOUR KIDS TO A BARRACKS IN SUDAN"

I WHISTLED FOR A VEHICLE AND WHEN IT CAME NEAR
IT WAS A SCHOOL BUS WITH ARMED KIDS IN THE REAR
IF ANYTHING I COULDA WENT TO A FEW VILLAGES AND INSTALLED MORE FEAR
BUT I THOUGHT "NAH, FORGET IT, YO KIDS WE'RE OUTTA HERE"

I PULLED UP IN THE SUDAN 'BOUT 7 OT 8
AND I YELLED TO MUSEVENI "UMAD, SMELL YOU LATER"
LOOKED AT MY ARMY COMPOSED OF ALL OF MY HOMIES
TO SIT AT MY THRONE, COS I'M JOSEPH MOTHERFUCKIN' KONY

lol

FLOL!!!! This had me in stiches!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Relevant..

[Image: aVJo5.jpg]

Hahaa
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:Also I heard today that another conspiracy was that the whole KONY 2012 was a plan by American Government in order to make up a false story so that they could militarise Africa. Because It is between them and China. BS!
This is the one you're talking about:

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: