None setting paste

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
None setting paste
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you guys know what Peugeot use on the boot, door and rear quarter window seals on the three door cars?

I've noticed some water coming in on the rear quarter window seal. It's coming in between the seal and the body.

I think I just need some of the none setting paste that was applied to reseal that area.
Thanks given by:
We used some recently at work, called Butyrub... Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks, that sounds like the stuff I need. I just need to find some local to me now.
Thanks given by:
If you can't I will see if I have any lying about!!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer but I found some on eBay and ordered it. Hopefully it will arrive before we have anymore heavy rain.
Thanks given by:
Nice find buddy, couldn't find any anywho... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Wink 
butty-rub..... pahahahahaa! sorry but that tickled me !... if sum1 rang me for sum butty rub ide probably piss myself... ha
Thanks given by:
I thought the exact same thing when we ordered it and it turned up...! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hylomar Blue will probably do the trick infact, it's a non setting gasket jointing compound...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2014, 09:47 AM)Ruan Wrote: Hylomar Blue will probably do the trick infact, it's a non setting gasket jointing compound...

That is great stuff, I use it on my kart engines. It would be a bit pricey to use on the seals though.

(12-01-2014, 09:07 PM)Alee83 Wrote: We used some recently at work, called Butyrub... Smile

What do you use it on at work?

I got it today and I wasn't sure the best way to apply it. I applied it on the lip of the bit the seal goes over but I think it would have been better to fill the groove on the seal.
Thanks given by:
We use it to seal plant rooms and cold rooms. The Kingspan insulated wall slabs need to be set on none setting silicone paste...
Thanks given by:
I see. I've seen greasy stuff been used to do that before. Bloody awful stuff that, really messy and gets everywhere.
Thanks given by: