Diablo '6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo '6
Hi All,

Was around in the 306 community a few years ago (I can't keep away!) Went to the FCS two or three years ago with my Black GTi. I think it was with this club, as it wasn't with theywhoshallnotbenamed or the gti6 forum, someone may remember me?

Anyway couple of months back I was selling a motor and the guy turned up with too little cash hoping I'd barter down. I wouldn't so he had a choice of buggering off or convincing me to take his gti6 as P/X (A mate was supposed to drive it home). Didn't let on but I do have a soft spot for '6s!

Enough chat, bring on the pics...

[Image: IMG_2694-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2698-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2710-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2713-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2716-2.jpg]

These were taken after a 3 hour T-Cut and polish session. It was getting late hence the poor light. Hides those little imperfections though!

Only work I've done on it is all restoration work...
> The centre mirror was broken off, replaced that.
> Parcel shelf had 6x9 shaped holes in it, replaced that with a phase 2 standard.
[Image: IMG_2820.jpg]
print screen windows

> Had GTi door badges, but not rear badge, so debadged doors (I hate door badges) and bought a fresh silver badge for rear.
> Stereo had been fitted by an 8 year old. The aerial hadn't been wired (Needed custom plug making and a soldering iron!), and it sat in the hole wonky (Metal holder not fitted). Grabbed a spare metal holder from an old pioneer unit I have and job done.
> Air bag light on. Fixed with a bit of WD40 on sensor.
> Door hinges made that irritating clicking sound everytime they opened (Both sides). So had to custom make a bolt that was the perfect fit and then bore out a nut for tight fit. Then WD40 hinges (Result = Perfectly silent doors)

[Image: IMG_2825.jpg]
images upload

> Had a spare cyclone in the garage from years back, so now that's the spare! (5 cyclones is how I roll)
> Had these garish Halfords special pedals on. The brake extended out to the right and the accelerator to the left so you would catch the wrong one sometimes (and I haven't even got big feet!). So removed those, but the numbnuts had bolted them THROUGH the original pedals, so there's holes in the original pedals. But still looks better than those horrid Halfords things.
> New number plates (Had tacky Max Power ones on!). I've just given it some totally plain normal ones (Best mod so far!)
> The bits of plastic between front bumper and headlights was broken (Aren't they always?). It's split in two actually and can't be bothered to source a new one, but managed to use some invisible plastic adhesive to at least neaten it up.
> Replaced lightbulbs in near side main beam and both front fogs.
> Put the service history (Extensive but not full) into date order (I have paperwork OCD).
Ummm... think that's about it.

I've managed to convince SWMBO to let me keep it until at least Pugfest

Day back @ the parents house today, bit bored so a few mods in preparation for Pugfest... Angel

Didn't get a before shot but I'm sure you can guess. And after...

[Image: IMG_2819.jpg]
img hosting

Really pleased, much much much cleaner. Had this "bung" laying around for my old 306 and never fitted. First time I've done this mod, honestly couldn't be happier!!

Firstly the before shots...

[Image: IMG_2821.jpg]
gif uploader

[Image: no_mods.jpg]

So three mods to follow. First up was:

[Image: just_fogs.jpg]
screenshot program

Yellow fogs!! it was a toss up between this and fitting some Rallye blanks that I've got laying around but went with the yellow fogs. The must have 306 fashion this summer!

They look okay from a distance but u can see my bodge it and scarper efforts close up!

Now this next mod won't be to everyone's taste, and I purposely bought some spare Diablo mirror caps so I wasn't doing this to my only pair. But I think it's cool!!

[Image: fogs_and_mirrors.jpg]

[Image: Mirrorclose.jpg]

[Image: mirrors_far.jpg]

gifs upload

Sticker bomb FTW !!

Again I know they're going to be a bit marmite!

Now for the grand finale, my favourite mod I've ever done for any car I've ever owned. Yes much better than the OZ Ultraleggers on my Skoda or the suspension for my old GTi or my stage 1 on my DTurbo or the tuning box on my Astra. This is the best mod ever...

[Image: all_mods.jpg]

[Image: close_emlem.jpg]

image hosting site

Drunk Lion!
Thanks given by:
Sorry to say but this looked 100% perfection before you did the mods.

But I have a soft spot for oem when it looks really clean!

The badge looks funny though
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Love the dechavving work, sticker bombed mirror caps not so much aha, ruins the clean look completely imo
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
2011 wants its stickers back Tongue How much did you PX it for? Sounds like a good deal on you part anyway!
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 01:53 PM)Orta Wrote: [Image: IMG_2694-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2698-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2710-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2713-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2716-2.jpg]

I know its your car and its each to their own. But its just looks stunning there!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 04:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: 2011 wants its stickers back Tongue How much did you PX it for? Sounds like a good deal on you part anyway!

Think I've had the stickers since 2010 left over from a sticker bomb project I'd done on my push bike (trying to find sum pics of the finished article but haven't any left!).

The car needed a few tlc bits, all of which I've done but I think it was a good deal. Will be looking to sell (when it's looking standard again!) after pugfest for £100 less than I took for it in p/x.

(08-07-2014, 11:49 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I know its your car and its each to their own. But its just looks stunning there!

Yeah... But just a bit boring! Haha. Tbh I can take or leave the mirrors or dogs but the drunk lion must stay!!
Thanks given by:
Nice to see another diablo gti-6,not a fan of the door mirror caps, welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
The Lions good lol, kinda makes you go 'wtf' for a few seconds! lol

Stickers are just like marmite as you say....awful. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Few last pics before she goes back to standard...

[Image: pic1.jpg]

[Image: pic2.jpg]

[Image: pic3.jpg]

[Image: pic4.jpg]

print screen windows 7
Thanks given by: