Onto the 2nd one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onto the 2nd one
Needed a new daily and missed my last one a little bit so I though what better than a xud 306, managed to find a 98 1.9td estate, fairly tidy (bar the o/s wing), low mileage (80k) and cheap.

Picked her up a few weeks ago, was a bit unloved so with a quick mop and polish brought the paint up quite nice, don't plan on doing much to it as it is a 'cheap daily' but in saying that already picked up a set of cyclones, changed all the speakers and added more, compulsory boost gauge, a pump tweak and de-cat and backbox delete.

Thanks given by:
Already looks a lot better with just changing the wheels, and a decent clean.
Thanks given by:
cyclones just suit the 306

nice to see
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. Pretty safe bet sticking a set of cyclones on it, dosent stand out but looks alright
Thanks given by:
Bit more done over the weekend, sub enclosure made and fitted, amp installed and boost gauge plumbed in and working.

Thanks given by:
good idea on the sub, I'd probably find some OE carpet to stick around it...defo OEM+ then.

What boost she putting out?
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2016, 09:51 AM)mr_fish Wrote: good idea on the sub, I'd probably find some OE carpet to stick around it...defo OEM+ then.

What boost she putting out?
Thanks Mr Fish, yeah I do have some carpet for it but by the time I'd finished it, wired it all in and hidden everything I ran out of motivation Haha.
She's running around 13-14 psi which after some reading on here is about where it should be stock, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
yeah I was under the impression 14psi was around stock. wind it up to 20-22psi and fuel to suit and it'll pull well.
Thanks given by: Bennetts101
(30-06-2016, 11:04 AM)mr_fish Wrote: yeah I was under the impression 14psi was around stock. wind it up to 20-22psi and fuel to suit and it'll pull well.

Really? That much, any idea what pressure they kill themselves?
As its a cheap economical beater, don't want to go too mad, 50 miles a day so quite like the mpg in all honesty.

As apposed to this thing

And then this one is just too boat like and slow to drive daily, even though it does run an xud

Thanks given by:
Nice clean estate boostbus daily, thirsty fun car and a mud plugger, much the same kinda fleet as myself Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2016, 06:52 PM)Bennetts101 Wrote: Bit more done over the weekend, sub enclosure made and fitted, amp installed and boost gauge plumbed in and working.
Talking about your fleet i do have to ask what's that hiding away in the first pic, with the spoiler and f1 style mirrors looks drifty?
Thanks given by:
Its the best way Matt, something for every occasion haha.

And Courty afraid its not mine but a friends which im preparing for the road at the minute mate was used in a drift series I believe, its a 350z will get a few pictures of it, got loads of nice bits on it
Thanks given by:
Had a feeling it was due to the tip of the headlights showing.
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2016, 11:04 AM)mr_fish Wrote: wind it up to 20-22psi and fuel to suit and it'll pull well.

^this, you'll get great MPG from a tune alongside the added power. Generally it'll even out as slightly better MPG than stock on a combined cycle unless you drive flat out everywhere.. If you do, you'll get high 30's to low 40's on your favorite roads, and low to mid 30's on your favorite racetrack Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: