Alloy wheels, spacers, sprigot rings and bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alloy wheels, spacers, sprigot rings and bolts
hi guys,

this is going to sound very dumb and i think i can answer my own question but someone maybe able to tell me straight off.

I currently have SMR's fitted to my 306 but when i bought the car there was no locking wheel nuts on it, someone had replaced them them with four not so good bolts (wasnt aware till removed wheels).

Anyway i have a set of brand new bbs with new tyres which i bought for another car but havent used i was going to fit them to the 306 but undecided yet due to mot being due soon and my tyres not being so great.

I have flat bolts currently for the smrs, but was wondering what locking wheels nut to go in, i presume a set off ebay will do?

Anyway to fit the bbs wheels to see what it looks like i will obviously need spacers 10mm to clear the brakes and was wondering if anyone has used the solid ones before and if its actually legal to do?

I presume then i will need 16 new bolts and they need to be the tapered ones not normal bolts, but obviously a different length due to spacers?

Along with this i will need spigot rings as the bbs on a quick look dont sit properly on the hub, i presume this is straight forward but wanted to know if there is a particular set i need or if any will do, just bit suspect over buying bits alot cheaper on ebay as to whether they are as good as going into a local car shop?

Also then this will mean bolts i buy surely will need to be longer than standard ones because of the spacers, i have 20mm spacers that fit but they make the wheels sit outside the arches which is something i do not wish to do...

I would appretiate any input as i dont want a wheel coming off or the car not to be legal.

thanks
Thanks given by:
You can buy 10mm spacers and extended bolts on eBay what will fit our cars. Spigot rings are easy enough you just buy the ones that match the size of the wheel and hub.

Just get hub centric spacers that's all.
Thanks given by:
cheers mate think i have foudn the right bits but i just wanted someone to confirm if i was right. If anyone could post up some links to which bits i need so i can double check, dont want to buy the wrong bits really. It does seem a bit of a mess about just see what the car looks like with them on but rather do the job properly.

thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alloy Wheel Bolts rdstars 2 1,344 16-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: rdstars
  Peugeot 405 Mi16 Wheels and Bolts xanax 14 2,804 19-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Spacers on the front wheels PugRory 8 2,242 04-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Last Post: PugRory