New car, dont really expect anyone to care as it is not french but here it is anyway

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car, dont really expect anyone to care as it is not french but here it is anyway
Something a bit different
[Image: 10910B2E-2128-4271-A0ED-8A4A9B0C0B99-114...d01b5e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, a mate of mine had got one of these, actually quite a nice car tbf. Not too sure what year his is though, he's running a personal plate. Same shape though. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So when did you find out?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah its tidy, i like it
Thanks given by:
my SISTER has 2L petrol version; it's an alright motor, pretty nice inside but i'm confused with the back end of this; it's not really in sync with the rest of mercedes motors.

But, looks really smart ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile Yeah this ones 2.2 cdi manual too which is rare
Thanks given by:
Decent, merc 3 series compact Smile

Glad it's not an auto. Dan!'s step mum has one identical & iirc a decat made a big difference.
Thanks given by:
Interesting, i shall look into it, thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Just never seen the appeal of these tbh. Looks tidy none the less.
Thanks given by:
At least its derv!
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty decent. I like
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Still got the mondeo?

Is this a replacement for a daily or something to have a bit of fun with?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I was gonna slate you but its the 2.2 and a manual so i'll let you off. Needs huge boost though (with a 3.2 conversion obviously).

Hope you enjoy repairing rusty bodywork lol
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of a middle aged blonde womens car. I hope you still have ur 306 !!
Thanks given by:
Gaaaaaaay!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers fellas. Looking to sell Mondeo and 306 sold 2 months ago!
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2014, 12:10 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I was gonna slate you but its the 2.2 and a manual so i'll let you off. Needs huge boost though (with a 3.2 conversion obviously).

Hope you enjoy repairing rusty bodywork lol

Chris is looking at bigger displacement for you already!

Tidy motor there though.

Correct fuel and transmission too ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I don't even know what that is (other than a Merc obv!). Confused So what's the spec like, I'm guessing it's pretty comfortable and quick??

Only Merc I've been in is my Aunt's.....but it's a bit different, hers has a 3.5 petrol and a kompressor lol! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
its a C220, evo spec so got everything basically, big glass panoramic roof, full leather seats, its properly lush inside, yes very comfy. 143bhp, but can be mapped to about 180bhp which Il probably do in a month or two.
Id never even thought about buying one, but it came up on my mates facebook who works at a car sales place, and i fancied it. they had it in as part ex for something, 2 lady owners, full service history mainly done at merc.
Thanks given by:
Only 143bhp from a 2.2?.....you'll get overtaken by Vectra's lol, clearly there is a replacement for displacement. lol

Sounds nice apart from the slight lack of power though, but should be fine with the remap and I'd take comfort and spec over power any day!! Big Grin Plus it's different as you say, can't imagine you'll see anyone else your age driving one.
Thanks given by:
I can imagine a vectra would be a fair bit heavier though.
Yeah im not that fussed at it being mega fast.
Haha yes exactly!
Thanks given by:
Vectra - 1.9 - 147bhp - 1459kg - 9.5s to 60
C220 - 2.2 - 143bhp - 1505kg - 10s to 60

Half a second in it according to parkers. lol Not sure how the Merc weighs and extra 50kg though! However you win on top speed, Vec is 135, Merc is 137 lol.....
Thanks given by:
Fair, thats surprising, its deffo lighter then my mondeo Tongue

Bet its comfier then your vectra Tongue , il get some interior pics at some point
Thanks given by:
Riding an elephant would be comfier than the Vectra! lol

Full heated leather would be epic in this weather though, I have to put up with cold half leathers haha. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
I have ridden an elephant, it was quite comfy

Haha yes exactly Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2014, 05:53 PM)Stephen Wrote: Fair, thats surprising, its deffo lighter then my mondeo Tongue

Bet its comfier then your vectra Tongue , il get some interior pics at some point

You'd be surprised, pretty sure my Dad's Mondeo is 14xxkg and that is an Estate ST so will weigh extra because of toys.
Thanks given by:
Thats freaking heavy...woh

Is it me or are these a bit, well, a car for either the Mrs of an executive would drive or a guy who goes to the gym waaay too much and has never had to do a days labour?!

Prefer ya old 306!! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
God cars are heavy now, my old man had a Sierra XR4x4 V6 and that aonly weighed 1100kg!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
205 1.9gti is just over 800kg.

Not surprising they're so nippy haha

Bet most of the weight of that Merc is the interior, heated leathers are crazy heavy
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
205 is only half the size tbf lol.

Mondeo ST TDCI estates are 1560kg.

Not really surprising cars are so heavy now though. You've gotta remember theres loads of safety stuff in cars these days, heavy airbags everywhere for a start, strengthening bars in doors, bigger brakes etc.

And most things are heavier tbh - bigger/wider wheels, heavy seats as Zakk said, with electric heaters, electric motors and more airbags lol, climate control, electric motors and sensors everywhere...then you've got the emissions crap, the Mondeo and probably the CDi have DPF's which aren't light...plus under the bonnet, massive batteries, massive alternators, heavy 6 speed 'boxes, etc.

But weight isn't always bad....infact I'm guessing that's why the Vec sticks to the road like glue unlike any car I've had before.....but also the reason the braking distance is shite! lol
Thanks given by: