gsxr 600 itb's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gsxr 600 itb's
Hi I've got a set of gsxr600 itb' s I'm going to be putting on my gti6 engine the problem I have is the ecu side of things. I know I can run it on my standard ecu but I'd rather get standalone and do it properly. What's the ideal ecu for my set up anybody ?
help much appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
It can be done on standard ecu by chip wizards. Will cost about 400-500quid for mapping i think? You could go standalone but that will cost more :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
For a NA setup, pretty much any aftermarket system will do. You can pick up things like a Omex with a loom brand new for £800 which is a basic easy going setup. You can save some money and go for something like a megasquirt but I've heard a lot of bad things about them.
When i was ECU hunting, i just stuck to the main 3. Omex, DTA and Emerald purely because they are the biggest and can give aftercare which is something you need when spending lots!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
600's are probably a bit small, you want the ones off the 750 or 1000 (both the same)
Thanks given by:
600's match the inlet port size nicely and I got them cheap too. I've never gone into standalone ecu's due to lack of funds my original ecu is mapped and unlocked so I might try this to begin with see how it runs just don't fancy leaning out the engine
Thanks given by:
Omex can be found second hand at a decent price and its pretty user friendly.

dont expect to see huge increases though with the 600s as said
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm not particularly wanting huge bhp increase by changing the ecu just want it to run spot on with the itb's, Kent cams, and fuel lab fpr. Which I suppose an aftermarket one will be alot better then standard
Thanks given by:
what size are they? if there's no power gains then its pointless doing it.
Thanks given by:
on my 106 I ran carbs rather than bodies, just fitted a dizzy from a 205 and adjusted the fuelling via adjustable fuel reg, takes a bit of time to adjust, balancing the carbs etc.
But I was being cheap, plus the sound of carbs at full chat is just immense.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to run a dizzy on a 6 I presume it would be no ?
And off the top of my head think they're 40mm plus
Thanks given by:
be bit pointless to run a dizzy...thats going back in development...

get something like Omex on it and you can adjust all that easily
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 04:27 PM)sleeper93 Wrote: Is it possible to run a dizzy on a 6 I presume it would be no ?

Don't think so as its a DOHC engine, I was running a Rallye engine on the 106.

(01-01-2014, 04:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: be bit pointless to run a dizzy...thats going back in development...

get something like Omex on it and you can adjust all that easily

Yeah, standalone would be alot better, but like I said I was being a tight arse lol
Thanks given by:
Looks like it'll be standalone if I'm going to fit these then I'm only aiming for about 200bhp with the cams itb's and fuel reg
Thanks given by:
you don't need a "fuel reg" standard will suffice.

check the bodies, as I know the 750/100 are 42 to 44mm depending on year, which are good for 200-230.

the 600's are likely to be under 40mm which wont be enough.
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 04:27 PM)sleeper93 Wrote: Is it possible to run a dizzy on a 6 I presume it would be no ?

This would be very easy to do if you wanted to sack off the engine management and go mechanically timed on carbs. Something I have often found myself wanting to do.

Keep the engine NA, sack off the vacuum pump and use the lobe on the cams from this to run the rotor arm on the dizzy.

Surprised it hasn't been done TBH
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
it has been done, but tbh its sacrilegious and so backwards you'd make better power on a standard intake and ecu whilst using far less fuel.
Thanks given by:
Carb's and Dizzy converters make around 175 bhp, yes it does work as I have done a couple like this now to keep things simple
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
FYI - mapping for ITBs on stock management is £300ish at Chip Wizards. It's what I run on my car, with great results...
JP
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 08:36 PM)miles Wrote: Carb's and Dizzy converters make around 175 bhp, yes it does work as I have done a couple like this now to keep things simple

That's awesome miles. Got any pics? Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Afraid not on those one's,
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 01:37 AM)jammapic Wrote: FYI - mapping for ITBs on stock management is £300ish at Chip Wizards. It's what I run on my car, with great results...

Nice one mate that's good to know what itb's are you running ?
Thanks given by:
Jenvey 45's
JP
Thanks given by:
Oh reyt cool bet that sounds awesome
Thanks given by:
It's alright ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg3tP01Npgs
JP
Thanks given by:
What mods have you done to get it to 220bhp I'm aiming for about 200bhp
Thanks given by:
Have a look through my thread, it's all in there...
JP
Thanks given by:
Well duh! Haha
Thanks given by: