Few Niggles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few Niggles
Have an issue with the auto wipers on my six, have only checked the fuse and that was fine. The sensor on the window looks ok but I'm not too sure what I'm really looking at or for?

Are these a common issue to not work? Best route for fixing this?

Also the electric mirrors don't work. I tried to look at the actual switch but ended up turning it into mash. The electric window switches light up but the mirror turner doesn't. Would a new switch fix this?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Whats up with the wipers? Have they just defaulted to an intermittent wipe? if so, 99% its your sensor on the windscreen which will need replacing.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nah the auto wipers just don't work, not at least how I'd expect them too. When they're set to auto they don't work at all, I'm assuming the auto would mean they adjust to how much rain etc and adjust the wipe accordingly? I have just unplugged it and now the slowest wipe setting doesn't work withouth the sensor! A little confused.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok when you switch them to auto, you should get a single wipe to show they are on but if you turn the car off with them in the auto position, when you restart the car you have to turn them off and onto auto again which is annoying!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm going to sound stupid here, but is the auto the one before the very first wipe?
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 06:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Ah ok when you switch them to auto, you should get a single wipe to show they are on but if you turn the car off with them in the auto position, when you restart the car you have to turn them off and onto auto again which is annoying!

Really?

My sigma 1.6 you just leave in auto all the time and it just does its things.

I swear the autowipers is the one technical feature of the 306 that just never goes wrong! And its 10x better than the auto wipers on my parents modern volvo!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Really Darren?! The 2 separate threads on here atm say otherwise! lol

I have to agree with Niall though, my old ph3 1.4 had auto wipers, and I had to turn them off and on again for the auto to work after starting the car.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 08:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(05-01-2014, 06:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Ah ok when you switch them to auto, you should get a single wipe to show they are on but if you turn the car off with them in the auto position, when you restart the car you have to turn them off and onto auto again which is annoying!

Really?

I swear the autowipers is the one technical feature of the 306 that just never goes wrong! And its 10x better than the auto wipers on my parents modern volvo!

Maybe yours has been modified? All it needs is the power cutting and re applying to the sensor for it to reset so maybe someone has put something in to do this when starting it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sounds like more hassle than its worth! Where is the cheapest place to get a new sensor? If that doesn't solve then I won't bother trailing back wires etc as it's too much work!
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 08:32 PM)Niall Wrote:
(05-01-2014, 08:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:

Really?

Heh maybe, but id never have thought so, more likely its just broken, but obviously usefully in this way lol!
Maybe yours has been modified? All it needs is the power cutting and re applying to the sensor for it to reset so maybe someone has put something in to do this when starting it.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 08:33 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(05-01-2014, 08:32 PM)Niall Wrote:
(05-01-2014, 08:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Really?

Heh maybe, but id never have thought so, more likely its just broken, but obviously usefully in this way lol!

My Ph.2's auto wipers worked flawlessly and immediately sped up if I pulled in behind someone on a wet motorway etc.
When they work properly they are very good.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Ah see this is what I want, I drive motorways daily so it would be handy! Anyone know about the mirrors!?
Thanks given by: