Should I take notice of these letters?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I take notice of these letters?
I had my minor bump in August and it went through insurance, the other party's car was repaired within 3 weeks of the incident

However around two months or so ago I got a letter from 'Claimfast' saying my insurers hadnt paid out within a decent timeframe and so I was to pay the claim fee which wasn't stated. The letter had both of our regs and the date of the incident

Called my insurers and they said to ignore it as they had paid out £2900 in repair costs and it was settled with the other party. They also said ClaimFast were not in any way involved and they do not use them for handling their claims

Today I got a letter from 'Lyons Davidson' solicitors saying they're acting on behalf of ClaimFast and the cars owner (by name) saying they are pursuing a claim for £4997, echoing the initial letter. Again all details present, including how the accident actually happened (turned into their path)

Because my insurers say they have dealt with it can i just shred these letters or do they actually mean anything?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Don't shred then, keep them for your records. As your insurer has said they have paid out id be inclined to ignore it and keep in contact with my insurer
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Id try find out some more info out in it, last thing you want is bailiffs at the door takeing stuff

Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 11:01 AM)Grant Wrote: Don't shred then, keep them for your records. As your insurer has said they have paid out id be inclined to ignore it and keep in contact with my insurer

This.

Keep your insurance company informed of everything, all seems a bit suspect to me.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Keep them as "evidence". Get advice from your insurer. I don't think claimfast should be contacting you directly, that seems odd.

Paying up isn't your problem - that's why insurance exists. they should be contacting your insurer.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Photocopy them and send the copy to your insurers.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Just got off the phone with the insurance, payment was definetely made for the car but they are suspecting that it may be them trying to sneak a personal injury payment in

If so it's 95% fraudulent because it happened at no more than 15mph

Both letters dated 19th Nov and 30th Dec have been copied and will post them to the co op on the way to work this afternoon
Thanks given by:
Maybe get in contact with the insurance ombudsman and/or trading standards.

No-one should contact you directly, it's very suspicious.
Thanks given by:
Google Claimfast. Loads of complaints about them:
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/se...litigation
Thanks given by:
Sounds well iffy.
Thanks given by:
They are just another one of these companies who are trying to con you out of money. Ignore them. Keep all the letters, pass them onto your insurer who will take action against them.
As above, you have fulfilled your legal obligation by having suitable insurance. They paid out so there is no legal way in which these guys can take a penny from you.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hi, i am in the same situation, having received a second letter from Lyons Davidson claiming £6875. The incident was my fault, but just resulted in a tiny scratch in the other car. No possibility of the other part claiming personal injury because was empty the car. Even the guy offered my to go initially without insurer because he thought could be close to nothing. I agreed but after he retreated. I didn't have any problem with that neither. The ugly thing it is that the the other part is my neighbour. So, i have two questions:

1. i would like to know how the story developed for the thread opener, if possible.

2. if is it something i have to consider my neighbour being fully aware of what is happening or it is just a thing of the his insurer playing dirty whitout his knowledge?

thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
It's a claims management company attempting to extort more money from you, they operate on very dodgy legal ground and pretty much bank on people paying up from being scared by legal looking letters.

However you should not take it lightly, you should speak to your insurer (at the time) and make them aware of the letter, and tell them to sort it out for you.
You should also think about speaking to the Citizens Advice Bureau.

DO NOT contact the Claims company directly, it's nothing to do with you.
Thanks given by:
Exactly as said, ignore the letters (as in definitely have no contact with the claims company, but forward copies of everything tryout insurer via recorded delivery and get, and keep a file.

The liability is between the insurer and the thirds party not between you and the third party unless you are not insured (which is not the case).
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  covering letters for jobs procta 10 1,956 11-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hotrodjacko
  Handing in Notice at work Marcus1991 7 2,245 27-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum