Wanted uprated clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted uprated clutch
Alright lads I'm after a uprated clutch to put in my 306 hdi as I'll be going stage 2 in the next couple of weeks and mine has started sliping so time has come also after intercooler pipes anythink cash waiting cheers
Thanks given by:
I got a universal kit off ebay, top and bottom pipes off poodle (check the for sale section they're always there) as for the cooler itself, universal ones, jag x type ones etc.
Clutch im not so sure about but personal preference is always organic ones. Paddle clutches are on / off and take some getting used to. Im sure someone will come along with advice and a link or two for ya.
Thanks given by:
Very rare to find one second hand. OEM replacements should hold fine on a limited torque map, CG offer and uprated option but say it wont hold any more than an OEM unless you change the pressure plate. CG also have very mixed reviews. Helix rate theirs to 310 ft lbs but its £450.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or you can go down the Sachs paddle plate with valeo pressure plate, that set up will hold full toque fine so I believe. Also the helix set up is very heavy pedal feel so it kills the clutch cable regularly.

Thanks given by:
Ok and the valio and Sachs will hold well hopefully as it'll be pushing close to 350 ftlbs of torque wich is a heck of a lot with about 180 ish bhp hopefully
Thanks given by:
Chris where do/can you get the sachs plate from as I looked like mad, even rang ECP who said they can't get it anywhere Sad
Thanks given by:
Or swap it to XUD clutch mechanism and go VALEO/LUK or CG.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Whos took the xud setup past 300lbft?
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 10:07 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Whos took the xud setup past 300lbft?

Who's took a HDi past 300lbft and recorded it? One person..

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15619.html

XUD setup should be fineee!

He's only going for a boggo-standard stage 2!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 09:53 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Chris where do/can you get the sachs plate from as I looked like mad, even rang ECP who said they can't get it anywhere Sad

When I spoke to my ecp they ordered it for me, but I canceled the order, other than that ask Aaron with the moonstone blue hdi he running that set up not sure we're he got it from tho.

Thanks given by:
Been more than one in that territory id assume. Without proof ofc but it wasnt a dig if youd took it that way..

Just asking, but now that jp has done it/recorded it then there's gonna be a few more soon to follow I would assume due to knowing the spec and seeing its relatively easy to achieve.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 10:12 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Been more than one in that territory id assume. Without proof ofc but it wasnt a dig if youd took it that way..

Just asking, but now that jp has done it/recorded it then there's gonna be a few more soon to follow I would assume due to knowing the spec and seeing its relatively easy to achieve.

Oh yeah of course! 100% sure Brynwlogg/Chris was past 300 easily but the monkey never RR'd it before it went boom and that was ageeeees ago!

Sorry, it's my time of the month! Heart

Also, it's all down to mapping end of the day, whether you have same mods or not makes no odds on these!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
True true and him doing his own meant he got what he wanted.

Guess who I went to for mapping for that exact reason... Wink

Said hes happy to push mine but not to accept liability which is the downfall of some other mappers.

They're mapping for the masses and keep it within safe tolerances, which is great until people want more.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 10:18 PM)mcglynn Wrote: True true and him doing his own meant he got what he wanted.

Guess who I went to for mapping for that exact reason... Wink

Said hes happy to push mine but not to accept liability which is the downfall of some other mappers.

They're mapping for the masses and keep it within safe tolerances, which is great until people want more.

Hah fair play. Push for more! Swear he went for reliability! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Heh reliability!

Yeah im on a budget atm as insurance/tax are due in a few days but I plan to get the clutch out of the way soon hence my interest in this thread.

Going to go with the cg setup I think as if a sachs berlingo oem jobby can hold 270 then im sure the cg is up to 300+

Expensive though, but getting gti6 bits in northern ireland seems a pain I never see any full cars on gumtree nevermind one breaking for parts.
Thanks given by:
ECP couldnt get me anything more than a standard clutch kit. That was going up through management etc aswell. CG is direct and helix is from mardi gras motorsport. Helix are now not as heavy as their reputation would have you believe. Sean has never broken a clutch cable and after talking to various people its really not that bad. Ill be ordering mine after the weekend and im hoping it will all be in by the end of the month.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uprated xud clutch Josh_Quant 0 652 25-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Josh_Quant
  Uprated Springs for 306 TU and Uprated Beam/Bars Alan_M 3 926 22-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Wanted: XUD uprated clutch Piggy 5 1,087 19-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Piggy