D-Shed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Shed
I am pretty new here but thought id post up as this could be quite ongoing.

Anyway about three weeks ago needed a new car for work due to the other one letting me down majorly on the mot (yet to fix), so did the usually had a look round local couldnt find much i like. Long story short ended up speaking with a mate who had not long bought a car but couldnt warrant three so decided the new one should go.

He said it was a 306 D-Turbo, sorta questioned why he was getting rid and basically lack of space and it needed a lot work labour wise at a garage, thought fair enough worth a shot.

I went down to have a look, which as you can see by the photos its no oil painting, cosmetically challenged i think is the best way to put it. This said it drove fine and didnt smoke more than i did and at the time it was better than walking to work.

There are alot of faults to fix with the car but after having a chat, him wanting it out the way and he didnt value it at alot i ended up swapping a few motorcycle parts and £150 for it!

So i ended up with a new car against better judgment, but it was cheap so thought well if it last a month to get me through then i can break and scrap.

It has MOT and TAX until March so not ages away and 201k on the clock, however previously had a 406 HDI with 350k on i borrowed so wasnt worried for the money.

I have had the electrically faults early on with no live going to the lift pump, but thanks to the help of Cully with diagrams managed to trace that and repair it, which is a bonus got that fault out the way early.

So basically where i stand know is what to do with it as i have so many ongoing projects already at home making the place look like a scrapyard (middle curing blackdeath on a sprinter, old car to mot, astra sri to repair, transit to weld up with new arches).

I am undecided on what to do with it as it has already got a Stage 1 remap fitted so at some point its had some money spent on it.

Do i keep and repair, play with it (not like that) or break it up which does seem a shame??

So the list of jobs because i think i might just have to sort it out (quite long but not overly expensive):

1. New tyres ( has two well worn T1R's and two chinese dyke finders fitted causing serious understeer)
2. Refurb the alloy or replace
3. Needs two new bumpers and grille as they are cracked (anyone help)
4. Service as i dont know when it was last done
5. Driver wing as its not original and has been sprayed and doesnt fit properly and there is laquer peal on the rear quarter (Wrote off in 2007)
6. Look at the brakes as the rears looked seized and brakes arent cracking
7. Some wipers as these are knackered and the front sensor isnt helping
8. EGR blank, decat, usual stuff to go with stage 1
9. Play with usual mods and maybe FMIC

So your all probably thinking its a shed but like ive been telling other people you get what you paid for and just about all the work i can do in my spare time and save on labour, well fit it round other jobs.

Any thoughts or comments welcome, sorry its a bit long winded.

thanks

Dan
Thanks given by:
Really like it mate has lots of potential and for £150 you aren't going to get any better stick with it I'm sure you will come to love it and there are a lot of people on here that can help you out.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Looks really smart! Love it! Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
That is a really nice car and for £150 plus the bit's you swapped. It's too good to scrap!
Thanks given by:
thanks guys, does seem too good to scrap so maybe have a fix and play.

Rather busy at the moment but will post with updates when get chance.
Thanks given by:
Thats a bargain tbh!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,014 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe