Meridian Blower Motor Resistor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meridian Blower Motor Resistor
Hi all, was wondering if someone could help me locate the resistor for the heater blower motor on my 1999 306 Meridian 1.9TD, its not under the scuttle panel like some 306s and I can't see it after taking the blower motor out from under the dash on the passenger side.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers, Phil
Thanks given by:
Yours might be in the centre console near the dash!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers man, will have a mooch tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
1999 meridian will have air con (well not working obviously!) in which case it doesn't have a resistor.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2013, 11:19 PM)Niall Wrote: 1999 meridian will have air con (well not working obviously!) in which case it doesn't have a resistor.

Ah right, Thank you sir! Saved me a lot of frustration there Smile

Any idea what might be causing the blower motor fuse to be blowing? The blower worked momentarily when I changed the blown fuse but then blew my new fuse after a couple of secs, thought it might have been a problem with the resistor, but it doesn't have one so I can rule that out!
Thanks given by:
A short on the blower motor wiring - check the large plug on the motor and the wires from it.
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, that could possibly be the case, I tried another fuse today after disconnecting the A/C incase it was anything to do with it, the blower came on as it usually does but stayed on for longer, started smoking and then the fuse went, so after some investigating I found that one of the pins in the plug for the heater control panel hsd burnt out. What i believe to be a diode has split, you can see where the smoke/heat has stained the plastic casing! I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow once i have figured out how to.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents? Zubes3 4 1,268 19-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Zubes3
  RESISTOR BLOCK help plz Di3Ny 4 1,280 12-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pingaz
  Update: blower motor issue full fan speed all the time rich_n_stace2014 5 1,605 01-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: rich_n_stace2014