JVC or Sony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JVC or Sony
The choice in headunits. Everything seems to be digital no cd player so the question is what's the Beter brand?
Thanks given by:
Neither. Look at Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood.
Thanks given by:
I personally have always been a Sony man, in the car at the moment I've got the DSX-A50bt, no CD player, bluetooth, USB, aux in. A ok little unit but only a basic eq3 and no DM+ and mic quality in call ain't that great.
I want the MEX-BT3100U its on sale in halfords at moment for £89/£99 same as above but eq7, cd deck, and the DM+ too and reads texts out and got app control or summit, and it's got a rear mic input so can fit a extra mic and feed it up the a-pillar for better call quality. Just shame am short on funds now.
Thanks given by:
This is where I'm looking is on halfords but low ffunding causes me to have a limit of 50 quid grrr I got an old xplod in the car that only does cds but all my music is on my phone. CDs are so out dated now haha
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 06:57 PM)Curt Wrote: Neither. Look at Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood.

This. Ive had 2 Sony stereos, one of which tried setting fire to my car and the other was so bad i think a walkman would of been better. JVC was better than the Sonys i had but was poor quality. Ive had a Kenwood for the past 2 years now and its been faultless!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Of the two, JVC. I find them easier to use and slightly better sound quality for the same price than Sony. As others have said though, there's much better brands about!
Thanks given by:
The dsx-a50 I've got now and mentioned first can be picked up brand new for between £50 and £70 so worth a look, I got mine for £55 in halfords about a year ago. Like I say I just prefer the sony 7 band equaliser over the 3 band this one has, and for music off phones and USB the DM+ feature on the higher up sony models is brilliant but the A50 is adequate enough just I want the extra features the bt3100 offers such as the external mic option
Thanks given by:
Always liked the jvc ones tbh. The sony ones do a stupid jingle when they switch off.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
kenwood...
Thanks given by:
I've always had sony and I cant fault them
Thanks given by:
The whole point of a stereo, IMO, is sound quality. I don't personally care about bells and whistles, I just want a decent sounding unit. This is where Sony fall short for me, and I haven't been impressed by any JVC either. I had Sonys years ago, when I changed to Alpine it was a massive difference. Won't bother with anything else now, but as above there are other good brands which are better Sony and JVC.
Thanks given by: