Glow plug indication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow plug indication
Hi,
I would like to wire the GP circuit so the dash indicates the true amount of time that they are on for.

Has anyone done this or is there a wiring diagram I can have a gander at? It's a Ph1 Xtdt. As it runs on WVO all year round I have wondered if there is any benifit in re-wiring the whole circuit a la pimp my glow plugs Smile
Thanks given by:
Is the Xud not like that already? if not it should be easy to do from the glow plug relay
Thanks given by:
No, the relay stays on for approx 10-15sec. I think the indication comes from coolant temp maybe. Eventually I would fit a manual switch which on cold mornings could be used to increase the glowplug on time.
Thanks given by:
You will basically just burn them out which may result in the tips blowing apart which could result in your injector tip or valves being damaged.

They are on a set timer for a reason.

Why would you want them on longer?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not just do what everyone else dose and buy good glowplugs?
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2013, 07:13 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Not just do what everyone else dose and buy good glowplugs?

Exactly.

And get some decent wvo and a good mix
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No problem to do at all, I do exactly the same, as the glow plug lamp indication is a complete waste of time by now as all the temp sensor / electronic side of it is broken.

One of the small wires coming out the plug on the relay is the feed to the light, simply find it, and put a ring connector on it, and hook it to the glow plug output side on relay.

No extra wire required, takes 5 minutes Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2013, 07:16 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No problem to do at all, I do exactly the same, as the glow plug lamp indication is a complete waste of time by now as all the temp sensor / electronic side of it is broken.

One of the small wires coming out the plug on the relay is the feed to the light, simply find it, and put a ring connector on it, and hook it to the glow plug output side on relay.

Cheers. Smile

Piggy-Daniel306
The plugs I use are Bosch Duraterms and my WVO is very good quality once its been through my filter system. Having a manual control might result in damage if your a dong and leave them on for too long. Its the indication im more interested in at min.
Thanks given by:
I can normally hear the click! Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2013, 07:16 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No problem to do at all, I do exactly the same, as the glow plug lamp indication is a complete waste of time by now as all the temp sensor / electronic side of it is broken.

LOL It's a complete waste of time when it WORKS, never mind when it's broken. Tongue
Well, I lie it works only for the first start of the day. sometimes it stays on for 10 seconds with a HOT engine.

(23-12-2013, 08:41 AM)Piggy Wrote: I can normally hear the click! Lol

Same here, my relay times out after 18 seconds Big Grin oddly enough, I find it's harder to start if I crank after the relay has clicked, than if I start cranking like a second before.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Mine works lovely. Duno what the fuss is all about.

I jump in, flick ignition on, sort me seatbelt and positioning and then its ready to start...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I normally don't wait for the light, 3-4 turns of the engine and it starts
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2013, 10:45 AM)Martin306 Wrote: Same here, my relay times out after 18 seconds Big Grin oddly enough, I find it's harder to start if I crank after the relay has clicked, than if I start cranking like a second before.

Yeah you'll find that because they will have started to cool down Smile
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glow plug relay - help please Pugmarshall 5 2,332 13-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Last Post: weka
  Glow plug Amps Daniel306 18 5,090 17-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  rounded off glow plug Chris_90 22 5,902 08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Chris_90