Engine fan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine fan
Well had the car running for around 20 minutes and watched the temp gauge rocket to 110 degrees. Why isnt the fan kicking in ?
Thanks given by:
Theres a fan switch Located passenger side behind the bumper. Could be knackered?

Unless the ph1 has a different unit?
Thanks given by:
Thankyou will have a look before the car gets transported
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/DNZFg7qPIeE

Skip to 5.30
Thanks given by:
That will be a fuse or relay or rad fan switch issue.
If you remove the plug from the rad fan switch and short the outer two pins the fan should run, if it dies the issue is your rad stat switch if it doesnt its a fuse/relay or even the fan itself.

Paul
Thanks given by:
Well I've had to get a new rad as mine has snapped where the top house connects . There was also a lot of air in the system
Thanks given by:
Well replaced rad which had new switch and still overheat bridged the connections still dead all fuses are ok. So either the fan motor is totalled or a rely has gone
Thanks given by:
Thats strange for it to just shoot up like that? On the 6 mine used to gradly go up as it obviously got hotter! You sure its not to do with the actual gage itself or is it generally getting very hot?
Thanks given by:
its getting very hot the fan itself works when disconected and attached to battery so if im working on the car and its ideling i just leave it on. engine hasnt overheated since doing this
Thanks given by:
Im a girl no idea thats my excuse lmao but from previous expreience of mine doing it.. My heaters inside never worked so had literally nothing to cool it down but desperatly need a fan really. Il ask my partner in the morning if he knows and get back to you! Just dont let it get
Too hot as i did eg the stop came up and engine cut out :/
Thanks given by:
haha its been on the top of the temp gauge a few times and lots of smoke. so may have cooled the head but will see. Wink
Thanks given by: