Recommend me a Car Alarm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a Car Alarm
Wink 
Hello everyone. Whilst I've got the carpets and stripped the interior out it may be worth while fitting an alarm. Has anyone got one in their car at the moment that they would recommend?

Cheers
Sam
Thanks given by:
the peugeot one fitted to my 6 is good Smile
Thanks given by:
Don't bother, they just irritate people by going off randomly lol.

Deadlocks and immobiliser should be more than enough...
Thanks given by:
Standard Peugeot alarm is very good. Ive always found that with aftermarket alarms no matter how expensive, they seem to go off so often for no reason.
Get rid of the dodgy ultrasonics in favour of the better PH2 ones and get a new sounder on and job done!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ive stolen the sounder off the wifes 206 and have relocated it up on the bulk head behind the ECU out of the road dirt off the wheels
Thanks given by:
Iv got an alarm on mine but have no idea if its standard or not, its got a tiny black button on my dash to the right of my steering wheel for it(which does nothing). Works well and siren sounds OE, with the deadlocks pretty hard to get around.
Thanks given by:
Sounds standard JJ. Does it have sort of a Wifi logo on it? If so, turn the car off and press and hold it and the red light on the dash will go solid. Your ultrasonics are now disabled
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-12-2013, 10:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Standard Peugeot alarm is very good. Ive always found that with aftermarket alarms no matter how expensive, they seem to go off so often for no reason.
Get rid of the dodgy ultrasonics in favour of the better PH2 ones and get a new sounder on and job done!

I've got a Cobra alarm in my 106, and it works exactly as it should. Smile

Never gone off randomly, it's been set off once when I left the window open and I walked past it.

So there are some good alarms out there, it's down to good installation imo.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Clifford/Toad alarms stay as far away from them as you can, just saying.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I've got a thatcham class 2 alarm on mine, I think (that's what come up on for my insurance anyways) and it works fine! Never gone off randomly, if you lock with the bonnet slightly open etc it beeps at you and you can't get in the car without unlocking it via the button first, which may be a problem! Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2013, 10:59 PM)Niall Wrote: Sounds standard JJ. Does it have sort of a Wifi logo on it? If so, turn the car off and press and hold it and the red light on the dash will go solid. Your ultrasonics are now disabled

Realy sounds fancy? Hmmm is that for when you lock a dog in or sumat?
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2013, 09:58 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote:
(19-12-2013, 10:59 PM)Niall Wrote: Sounds standard JJ. Does it have sort of a Wifi logo on it? If so, turn the car off and press and hold it and the red light on the dash will go solid. Your ultrasonics are now disabled

Realy sounds fancy? Hmmm is that for when you lock a dog in or sumat?

Correct Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
get a disklok
Thanks given by:
Get a momo steering wheel and quick release boss, would look weird walking around asda with your steering wheel but at least fred the crackhead wont take ur car. Unless hes handy with a pair of molegrips.......
Thanks given by:
Disclok's a nice piece of kit, Had one for years and its a great deterrent. Made the mistake of not bothering with it when I had the Bluebird and some one tried to take it, Co-incidence? Doubt it. Had a Toad Ai606 cat 1 alarm on my old GTI6 back in the day too, great alarm with nice extras such as boot popper ect
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by: