Best sound from air filters ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best sound from air filters ?
Okay im not so botherd on bhp just like people turning there heads. So my question what is the best kind of filter to get for a 1.6 petrol non turbo? And the attachments I would to fit it?
Thanks given by:
The best noise is no filter with a trumpet over the throttle body bit it will kill your engine
Thanks given by:
Moved to the correct section.

As it won't have an effect on power (I should say, an increase, as heat soak will likely cause a loss), just get a cheap universal cone if all you want is noise.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking cone and haha had a friend's picanto 1ltr no filter bit of chopped up leggings and elastic band sounded like a little race car haha
Thanks given by:
I had a filter meant for an impreza on mine, was huge and stupidly loud haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
S2K filter with appropriate adapter, can be had online for £13. Good, massive filter for the money.

[Image: 9069119156_311a9ca13a.jpg]
DSC_1713 by Curtis Footman, on Flickr
Thanks given by:
Man a trumpet on the throttle body, wish I tried that one back when I owned shit petrols!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
really fine steel mesh over throttle body, steel ties to hold it on..
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 07:57 PM)John1.4 Wrote: really fine steel mesh over throttle body, steel ties to hold it on..

Then realise you've lost 10bhp.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
good thing he's after noise not powar...lol
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
why even put an after market air filter on lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
I done this to a 1.4 8V and it sounds a little better, from 2k RPM full open throttle till the limiter sounds dirty as hell, sounds awesome, just wanna stick a race tube on it, De-cat it with a twin tip tail pipe, would sound awesome then, anything to DROWN out the missery of hearing the passanger, lol
Thanks given by: