Not your usual oil feed question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not your usual oil feed question
Ok so last night while out for a little drive my turbo decided to immitate a very large kettle boiling then promptly lose boost and turn into a smoke machine, safe to say turbo died, anyway my question is,if i remove the turbo oil feed from the block and put in a same sized bolt maybe with a copper washer or ptfe tape will this seal the oil feed off so i can use the car as a nad for the time being?
Thanks given by:
If there turbo is still in place it will still need to spin to let the exhaust and intake air to and from the engine. Stopping the oil to the turbo isn't good you'll end up with pieces of metal going everywhere including down your intake. Remove the blower and them blank off the oil line and it'll be fine to use if a little noisy with open exhaust ports !!!!!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
second hand standard turbos sell for almost nothing on this forum...for all the effort just get another
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Notice your in Barnsley I have a few turbos I'm in Rotherham

as above not a great idea to do that be better not using the car till you get a new turbo tbh
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yeah i see your point dave was gonna remove all the intake and bang a filter straight onto the intake adapter i have for the manifold, it still drove home but had to let it just go on the clutch through gears as any throttle just made it push oil down the intake and fog the entire roads , im gonna have to wait acouple week before a new turbo as im skinter than a skint thing and between jobs and cant even sign on lol

Yeah think i bough a pair of hubs off you about a year or so back danny, what turbos u got and what prices? My dead ones a k14 so thats the manifold i have
Thanks given by:
sure danny will sort you...k14s go for as much as a family bucket at kfc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you have to ease off the throttle because its putting oil into the inlet you need to go easy because it could well run away on you, so if your driving around like that just make sure your prepared and paying attention. My best advice would be don't drive it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah only drove it to get it back, not planning on going anywhere while its poring oil into the inlet, had it rolling on the clutch in fith so it was struggling , if it started to go would have just stalled it was only a case of nursing it a mile and half back
Thanks given by:
Experienced XUD driver right there hahaha
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The amount of times the thing has broke and had to be nursed to garages etc is unreal lol , only been recovered once, but will say one thing about it, engines never stopped running yet, even with blow headgaskets, washer inside cylinders, blown rads,,epic overheating and oil leaks the size of waterfalls, its why i refuse to get rid of it despite almost everyone i know tellin me its a shed and to get something more reliable lol
Thanks given by:
Ahh yea Smile I've replied to your message pal
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
When I first got my 406 it had a blown turbo but the guy was still driving it. On the oil feed in was another oil sensor screwed into it and the return line had a wheelnut shoved in with a jubilee clip. Needless to say the car wouldn't pull the skin off tomato soup

Don't do it unless you really need to
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GT2056s oil feed question simonh 2 1,551 21-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: simonh
  Major boost leak - checked usual culprits n0v0s 9 3,426 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Last Post: n0v0s