Seat swapping, anyone done this...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat swapping, anyone done this...?
I have two pairs of leather and alcantara phase 3 front seats, and both have worn out drivers' seats.

Would it be possible to replace the bottom section of one of the driver's seats with the bottom section from one of the spare passenger's seats?

Would I have to loose the height adjustable function in the process?

Has anyone done this and can share any tips please?
Thanks given by:
A collapsed outer bolster on the drivers seat has been an issue for 205 GTi owners for years. Solution is to get a shagged passenger seat, take lower cover off and cut the foam bolster off. Fit to drivers seat, job done. Hardest bit are the little clips holding the seat cover on.

Not sure if it's the same as 306, but might be an idea?
Thanks given by:
Great suggestion! I tried dismantling a leather and alcantara 306 gti seat over the weekend..

There seems to be a significant amount of welding which interferes with the tasks. And as far as I got, it looked like some fabrication work would be needed in order to fit the new lower seat section to the existing seat frame.

I am sure someone on the forums has surpased my tentative investigative efforts and successfully done this. If anyone has, it would be great to know.
Thanks given by:
A lot of the seat is spot welded. It would be near on impossible to separate the frame without f*cking it. Just remove the foam and alacantara and swap it Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Shot peening is not an attachment method....

It is for inducing compressive stresses in the surface of a component... Useful in high stress or cyclic load applications.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing and swapping a door lock Matt 12 4,607 17-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: mark_airey