Are these a pain to fit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these a pain to fit?
Hi all just fitted a new ball joint to my car, 3 days later I notced my P bush has split. Not to much movement but it will only get worse. A new wishbone is £36 but I found these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-HD..._86wt_1393

How much a pain is it to fit them? Best way of fitting them?
Thanks given by:
they are crap...

look around for the threads on the later berlingo replacement p bushes...100times better

cut it off...wack new one on. simples
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Or out of simplicity, replace the wishbone as most already have p bushes attached.

"wacking" a new one on, i guess you mean weld if it involves chopping? Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330439783888
Thanks given by:
Cheers cully, does look a lot more better quality then the ones I found.

I may just replace the unit then stick the new ball joint on the other side, just funding this close to xmas =\
Thanks given by:
i literally fitted these the other day, the problem i had was the wishbone nut was turning and so had to weld it to the subframe. Pain in the ass!

i'd recommend a pair of g clamps to pull the p bush down and remember if your getting the partner/berlingo ones you will need some m10 x 1.25 bolts to bolt it to the subframe instead of the m8 bolt with the originals. Made a mighty difference to the handling of mine as the car was slapping about all over the place on the old bushes
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2013, 08:28 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Or out of simplicity, replace the wishbone as most already have p bushes attached.

"wacking" a new one on, i guess you mean weld if it involves chopping? Doh

no...

chop the old bush off...you just use a hacksaw or thin grinder blade and run it diagnoally across the old bush and through the inner sleeve...trying not to touch the wishbone itself.
the p bush should then just tap off/fall off.

then line up the new p bush and with a press...or lump of wood, socket the size of the inner sleeve and a hammer...wack on the new one!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
if you haven't done one before i'd just buy the wishbone with bushes already fitted, i found it a ball ache changing the P bush to be honest.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt recomend buying the pre built wish bones fron ebay. The bushes are shit. You will only end up replacing the p bushes againg within the next 6 months. Its piss easy to channge the p bushes.

As piggy says. Pull the rubber bit off. Slit the sleeve thats left, tap it off with a hammer and punch. Hit new one on with hammer & wood . Done.

Id also go for those belingo ones that cully linked. Iv got them on two of our 306s now . And if you ask for for trade cash discount at ECP they are £13.80 +vat each

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: