Would it stop an XUD??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it stop an XUD??
Well possibly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25197786

Quote:A British company has demonstrated a prototype device capable of stopping cars and other vehicles using a blast of electromagnetic waves.

The RF Safe-Stop uses radio frequency pulses to "confuse" a vehicle's electronic systems, cutting its engine.

E2V is one of several companies trying to bring such a product to market.

It said it believed the primary use would be as a non-lethal weapon for the military to defend sensitive locations from vehicles refusing to stop.

There has also been police interest.

The BBC was given a demonstration of the device at Throckmorton Airfield, in Worcestershire.

Deputy Chief Constable Andy Holt, of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo), who has evaluated the tech, said the machine had "potential, but it's very early days yet".

"It's a small radar transmitter," said Andy Wood, product manager for the machine.

"The RF [radio frequency] is pulsed from the unit just as it would be in radar, it couples into the wiring in the car and that disrupts and confuses the electronics in the car causing the engine to stall."

He did not provide other specifics. However, the Engineer magazine has reported the device uses L- and S-band radio frequencies, and works at a range of up to 50m (164ft).
Thanks given by:
It would be f*cked against a DTurbo or an old carb driven car.

I'm slightly skeptical about it all although I accept it is possible what about cars with electronic PAS and braking systems? EMP is a very blunt instrument for stopping cars and could well destroy the vehicle they are trying to stop and anything else nearby. It would also probably jam communication devices and anything electrical really.
Thanks given by:
Pretty much, dead electronic systems, steering, transmission, ABS and ESP all at the same time is not a good idea....
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Wasn't that the plot of one of the fast and furious films?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 01:55 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Wasn't that the plot of one of the fast and furious films?
At least 2 of them, if not 3.
2 and 6 at least
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that'll never work, how can they guarantee it'll not f*ck up ALL SORTS of shit such as Transmission ECUs, with Piezo injector Diesels it has the distinct possibility to leave them in a state with the injectors open - flooding the engine with diesel and causing significant damage.

And yeah - DT would quite happily drive on if it has it's immobiliser system removed which most do.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 01:55 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Wasn't that the plot of one of the fast and furious films?

There was a plot?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
The only way i can see that working is on a simular way to an EMP which as said would render any electrical systems usless. I cant ever see it being mainstream. Besides health and saftey madness wouldnt allow a copper to hang out the window and fire the thing.

And millitary use wise. Most things in these 3rd world countrys we are in are going to me carb or manual injection anyway so again usless lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What if the driver has a pacemaker fitted?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 06:44 PM)Grant Wrote: What if the driver has a pacemaker fitted?

he'd stop driving after a emp.
so the system would work
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 08:42 PM)Diggers Wrote:

so the system would work

lmao

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 08:42 PM)Diggers Wrote:

so the system would work

lmao

This is all bollocks anyway. Yeah, we've got the technology but it won't be used to stop cars. There'd be uproar.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
the problem is, it would snag so many health and safety problems, such as the pacemaker scenario, they cant take the risk of killing the driver to stop a car, this isnt the US.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Just have snipers on bridges....

drive like a dumbass...get shot.

Its the only idea of Jeremy Clarksons that I like
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Out of everything clarkson said, that's your favourite? lol

"Britain’s nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe… probably because they don’t have wheel-chair access"

“If we are being honest HIV is a pathetic virus, it can only live in the air for 6 seconds and it does what ebola does to you in 10 days in 10 years”

“Racing cars which have been converted for road use never really work. It’s like making a hard core adult film, and then editing it so that it can be shown in British hotels. You’d just end up with a sort of half hour close up of some bloke’s sweaty face. ”

I could go on.... lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I suppose the issue isnt so much the using the EMP to stop the Criminal/Car and it killing them its what they hit if the car veers off or any other cars or electrical items within the range of the pulse

Its like tasering someone, what if they have a pacemaker, what if they fall on the knife they were holding, what if theyd covered themselves in petrol, what if they fall and crack their head open etc.
Thanks given by:
NOTHING CAN STOP AN XUD!!!!!!!! . . . . Big Grin

except slightly higher than usual coolant temperatures . . . . .Blush
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 09:28 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: NOTHING CAN STOP AN XUD!!!!!!!! . . . . Big Grin

except slightly higher than usual coolant temperatures . . . . .Blush

And a lack of rods being in one piece and inside the block :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just imagine the shaer level of win, if EVERY SINGLE running vehicle on the road at that point in time for a mech pumped derv....just imagineagasm
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 08:58 PM)Grant Wrote: Out of everything clarkson said, that's your favourite? lol

"Britain’s nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe… probably because they don’t have wheel-chair access"

“If we are being honest HIV is a pathetic virus, it can only live in the air for 6 seconds and it does what ebola does to you in 10 days in 10 years”

“Racing cars which have been converted for road use never really work. It’s like making a hard core adult film, and then editing it so that it can be shown in British hotels. You’d just end up with a sort of half hour close up of some bloke’s sweaty face. ”

I could go on.... lol

no, I didnt say the favorite thing he has ever said...I said the only IDEA of his I liked.
As a neighbour of his though...he never says much useful stuff
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: