Any Rooted Android users on here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Rooted Android users on here?
I'm gonna hope anyone interested enough by this thread title to read it is going to understand what comes next. Big Grin

Basically, i'm running a custom Android 4.3 Rom on my HTC One, and i've recently had a request for an update from the SuperSU superuser app, saying the binaries are out of date. I have applied the update, and now the phone is stuck in a reboot loop, giving me maybe 20 seconds of OS time before the handset reboots.

I tried doing the update the other night, and had this problem, so i ended up factory resetting the device to make it useable, as im still waiting for the call from a potential job (NIALL!!!! lol ), but ive just tried to do the update again, and despite installing it to a fresh ROM, its still rebooting.

I've got a post in a thread about it on xda-developers, but so far they've answered a question asked last week and ignored mine. Rolleyes
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is it running clockwork recovery mod.. or?? Sounds like it's got the wrong boot image tbh.. had the same issue when i bricked andys.. replaced it with the right boot image and that sorted it
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No, i'm using TWRP. Are you suggesting the ROM could be conflicting with the update, as opposed to the other way around?

In fact i did update the ROM just before doing the SU binary update as well, might try reinstalling the older one.
Thanks given by:
Possibly, some really random stuff can happen.. If you're looking at going back to a custom rom, I'd just reinstall the custom rom tbh.. that way anything you missed should get sorted during the 'rooting' although as it's already rooted, it should just be a case of reinstall the rom and boot image too (depending on if the rom needs that or if it installs it all automatically)
Thanks given by:
i use CWM not TWRP. Ive never had any problems. Try a different ROM. Are you wiping the cache and davlik cache etc before installing the rom?
Thanks given by:
^^ This too, make sure you do a proper FULL wipe
Thanks given by:
Hmm....ok, yeah ill give that a go actually. Nice one Danny. Smile
Thanks given by:
No worries mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Doh, sorry Sam, i hadnt refreshed the page in a while, and didnt realise you posted too! lol Cheers to both of you, i'm gonna try a different ROM, just downloading the relevant files now. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you ~always~ should wipe Dalvik cache and Cache when installing a new ROM - seen that cause screw-ups loads of times.

I always wipe both before installing the rom, then do it after also... Sometimes stuff can go into the Dalvik runtime cache when installing and screw stuff up.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just in case anyone gives a monkeys, I did a full wipe, installed a tweaked stock HTC one Rom (basically the standard software for the phone, but with bloatware removed and retaining root access Wink ), and although I had to update superuser binaries through twrp, everything SEEMS to be working at the moment!

So thanks to Danny and Sam for their input, rep will be awarded accordingly. Nice one guys. Smile
Thanks given by:
Im using a rooted S4. Love it. I think im using CWM recovery and theres an option for installing a new rom that wipes all the relevant caches in one go for you!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it worked Smile

For anyone interested, there's going to be/already is a packaged installer for cyanogenmod.. install the app and it does everything else for you, rooting, custom rom install etc etc..
Thanks given by:
Thats very clever^^

I just installed the Gummy Rom. As per Zedo Max's recommendation, and its really great!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 10:26 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: For anyone interested, there's going to be/already is a packaged installer for cyanogenmod.. install the app and it does everything else for you, rooting, custom rom install etc etc..

Kinda taking the fun out of it a bit though isn't it? I mean, i take pride in the fact i've rooted my phone myself, with the wiping, and the flashing, etc...itd be a bit of a hollow victory for me using an app to do all the hard work. lol

This is the ROM i'm now using, and it could't have been easier to install, and the customisation available is amazing, along with a few trick little tweaks to the appearance. Highly recommended for someone wanting to have the pleasure of a rooted handset, whilst retaining the original software. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's the point though, it's designed specifically for 'noobs' who want flashy features but have no idea how to actually root their phone lol..
Thanks given by:
Or advanced users that are just damn lazy! lmao

Still doesn't appeal to me though. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
I have an android. Can I be your friend.

I have no idea what you're all talking about..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Of course you can :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torque Pro (Android App) DeeTurbo 29 8,846 30-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: tbaxter08700
  twitter...any users Piggy 8 1,712 08-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  For all you M25 users Niall 38 9,769 03-10-2014, 05:50 AM