Cheap speaker upgrade.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap speaker upgrade.
Hi all pretty bored today so I decided to have a little play with my rear parcel shelf speakers, as they sounded terrible.

First up I took the shelf out to look over the speakers. Very worn coils, but I didn't have another others. All ive got is front door card speakers. Hmmm.

Much deeper dished but could fit. There rated at 30RMS while the originals are rated at 20RMS The late phase 3 door car speakers are only rated at 20RMS. also. The ones im using are out of a phase 1 d turbo. rated at 30RMS.

Didn't take much to fit them, First up I took the backing off.

Then found some longer screws.

When putting the new speaker into the holder, its best to put the speaker wire on first. As there's no room when the speaker is screwed down.

And there you have it. Simple but sounds way much better. The front speakers don't drain the rears out anymore. Smile
Thanks given by:
I never realised they were different.
Thanks given by:
i need to upgrade mine now !
Thanks given by:
they're usually the same...and should have put something decent in while you were messing around Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I will in time Wink Just needed my rears to sound louder as there only used for treble
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speaker Dimensions puglife306 5 3,544 30-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  speaker size John1.4 6 2,137 18-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Last Post: JME1998pug
  Amp speaker wiring Iceman299 0 1,091 10-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Iceman299