Best number plates for £10.99 per pair delivered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best number plates for £10.99 per pair delivered
I thought I'd share this in case it helps anyone.

I have no connection with this company - I was just amazed at the discreet quality of the number plates that I received.

As everyone knows, road legal plates are required to state the vendor's name and postcode, as well as the relevant BS citation.

The problem is that most retailers use this as an opportunity to advertise their business on your car with unsightly large text displaying their name.

I wanted to find a pair of number plates which state the legal requirements as discreetly as possible. The problem is that it's just such a lottery as most retailers are not clear about what the finished product will look like.

So I was really impressed with the plates that I received from a company named Regdeco, based in Leicestershire. On their eBay item listing their standard plates are £10.99 per pair delivered.

As you can see from the photo below, the necessary additional text is printed so small beneath the big number '2' in my VRN that you have to be three inches away to even be able to see it. Perfect!

This is mentioned purely in case other forum members like discreet but legal number plates too. I hope this helps.
Thanks given by:
you can get legal pressed plates for less than £20 . . . . .no brainer imo . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just got my pressed plates this morning off ebay with paper work to prove there legal £21 Wink
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 04:32 PM)underground375 Wrote: Just got my pressed plates this morning off ebay with paper work to prove there legal £21 Wink

Link please? Want some Smile
Thanks given by:
Thats good cheers pips, I hate the ones with massive labels on them and have been looking to change mine.

Still looks like the border is a little bit large though.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressed-Metal-...1c2c7268ac

Here you am Smile Very fast dispatch to. Only had to wait 2 days Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 05:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Thats good cheers pips, I hate the ones with massive labels on them and have been looking to change mine.

Still looks like the border is a little bit large though.

Thanks Dum-Dum, you seem to be the only person so far who has understood the purpose of this thread Smile

Thankfully the number plates had no border. Once the protective cellophane was removed, it was a completely plain design.

(22-11-2013, 04:32 PM)underground375 Wrote: Just got my pressed plates this morning off ebay with paper work to prove there legal £21 Wink
You don't need to have any paperwork to prove that your number plates are road legal.

They simply need to comply with the requirements of the The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.

Hopefully your own eyes can tell you that.
Thanks given by:
I like how the makers mark and the BS are nice and high so If i trim the border it'll still be legal
Thanks given by:
Good point! Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 06:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I like how the makers mark and the BS are nice and high so If i trim the border it'll still be legal

But it probably won't be legal anyway because you need a 11mm bored all the way around the edge anyway.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nice one, Niall. Part 3 of the regs does say you need an 11mm margin. So the edge of the plate must be at least 11mm away from the characters. Let me know if you'd like me to measure, Chris.
Thanks given by:
like those. do they do gb logo plates?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I think they do, yes Smile
Thanks given by: