v5c/2 and tax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v5c/2 and tax
So I made a bit of an error..well myself and the previous owner

I have yet to receive a log book,can only assume the guy was too busy putting dangerous tyres on his new car to post it off. Although it's my fault too for not chasing it up. Silly really but just never came to mind.
Anyway Im back at uni now and I've realised the car hasn't been taxed since 30/09 so im kind of rushing to get it sorted, mum has posted me up the v5c/2 form (new keeper details) which I've luckily kept a hold of.
My question is can I go to the post office and buy a tax disc there and then using the v5c/2 form and send off the form along with the form required to apply for a log book?

I know this is silly but it's something I've never really thought about, normally a reminder letter is sent through. mum texts me the reminder code I pay online and it's done
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I bought my first tax disk for the DT with the V5C as my V5 hadnt arrived yet, just make sure you take the MOT cert and proof of insurance with the V5C and they will sell you a tax disk, though not sure how it will effect you since were in the middle of a month already
Thanks given by:
Yes you can use the v5c though the tax will start from the 1st of November
Thanks given by:
They dont like it if the.date on the new keeper slip is older than two months
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorted, went to post office and a helpful lady got it sorted and I'm now taxed again Smile although must say you have to be sure to take your vin number too, luckily my friend was in to check it for me
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
the thing I don't like, is that if the insurance is due to expire with in two weeks, the post office can be well funny about giving you a tax disc,
as they wouldn't let me renew the tax unless I had a new insurance cert, I said so I have to practically have to have the car insured twice then! so I can get the car taxed.
rules are getting dafter and dafter!
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2013, 03:36 PM)procta Wrote: the thing I don't like, is that if the insurance is due to expire with in two weeks, the post office can be well funny about giving you a tax disc,
as they wouldn't let me renew the tax unless I had a new insurance cert, I said so I have to practically have to have the car insured twice then! so I can get the car taxed.
rules are getting dafter and dafter!

i had this once . . .right load of cobblers, she wouldn't do it so i went home, did it online and have done since . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: