Anyone with Autodata (throttle adjustment)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone with Autodata (throttle adjustment)?
I'm still having some issues with jolty throttle when coming on/off the throttle no matter how delicate I am as well as some typical stalling issues when revs are dropping to idle.

After a lot of reading online it seems that this issue could be caused by the throttle plate closing too much (some vehicles require a very slightly open throttle all the time to relieve the icv of all the work).

There is a screw on the throttle body which allows you to adjust the closed position of the butterfly, I was wondering if anyone knew what this should be set at or if there were any servicing guides in autodata?

thanks in advance
Lewis
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
there is no adjuistment possible without modification, likely to he an ICV or TPS failt.

coupled with a worn out engine mounting, or cracked cradle.
Thanks given by:
Is that not what is under the black plastic cap just below the red (earthing?) wire does?

[Image: P1010014.jpg]

Those were my first thoughts Welshpug, but has had a brand new Magneti ICV and Bosch TPS. Checked the TPS with a multimeter and it's getting 5v. Also checked MAP and it's operating as it should.
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Why not pull the cap off and have a look?
Thanks given by:
it will not and should not ever need adjusting from factory setting, you have a fault elsewhere.

the swampy earth leads make me laugh.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2013, 03:07 PM)welshpug Wrote: it will not and should not ever need adjusting from factory setting, you have a fault elsewhere.

the swampy earth leads make me laugh.

Ball bags, why did they bother putting it there?

Getting really frustrated with this now, going to check the earths next weekend and probably the IAT as that is the only one which I haven't had a multimeter on. Might as well re-test the new TPS for the hell of it.

It's absolutely fine everywhere else through the rev range, just around 0 and very light throttle where the problems occur.

Welsh, does the ECU just have a set voltage for closed throttle e.g. 0.2v or will it learn i.e. if the TPS is misaligned or misreads so that closed throttle is always 0.3v it will understand this and adjust accordingly?
Serious.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what the voltage should be specifically, but given it is not adjustable they all should be the same, the screw is there for setting in the factory.

IAT is unlikely its just a temp sensor which doesn't vary the fuelling much, quite different to the green CTS

map tps and icv faults are very common, as are wiring faults now too as they are getting on.
Thanks given by:
Well, unplugged the TPS and drove to work and the on/off throttle jerkiness is much better and the large amounts of engine breaking has also disappeared.

As the sensor is new I'll be checking:
- supply voltage
- signal voltage change
- earths

Continuity back to ECU pins

Anything else?

Also this sounds like a really stupid question, but to remove the loom to the ECU do you literally just pull the silver clip up and pull hard?
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Careful testing back to the ECU without knowing what sort of signals/voltages the may send or receive. You could do damage!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The TPS can fill up with oil etc causing issue's, or check the ECU loom earthing as I guess with adding extra is covering a issue, All the ECU sensors goto the ECU and not ground so adding extra earths will do nothing at all
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2013, 03:07 PM)welshpug Wrote: the swampy earth leads make me laugh.

Wasn't just me that makes them.
TPS was doing them first on the gti6 forum.
Of course then you need to look at the likes of HKS and SPOON who supply many many more kits for the japenese market.

But then again welsh boy if it's not on a parts manual you don't like it even if there is many proved instances of improvements made with such kits
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 10:59 PM)Niall Wrote: Careful testing back to the ECU without knowing what sort of signals/voltages the may send or receive. You could do damage!

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant removing the ECU plug and testing continuity back to the TPS plug? That can't cause any damage can it?

(19-11-2013, 12:02 AM)miles Wrote: The TPS can fill up with oil etc causing issue's, or check the ECU loom earthing as I guess with adding extra is covering a issue, All the ECU sensors goto the ECU and not ground so adding extra earths will do nothing at all

That photo of the tb was just one I found on the interwebs, no extra earths on my car all completely standard. From looking at a wiring diagram the CTS and TPS share the same earth which goes back to pin 53 on the ECU is that correct?

B147 = TPS
B24 = CTS
[Image: gti-6.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by: