Need to remove centre console

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to remove centre console
So my radio fell in behind my centre console today and has been an absolute nightmare to remove. I've tried removing the wires and pulling it out sideways, but I can't reach the wiring for the radio. It's pretty much left me with either removing the air vents in order to remove the wiring, or removing the fascia for the console to bring the radio out.

Anyone know which way would be best to approach this?
Thanks given by:
Bottom panel will lever off with screwdriver.

Unplug lower button, unscrew clock and other screws in this area.

Reach to where radio was either side a 10mm but. Undo then pull facia off.

I think that's it.
Thanks given by:
Take the fasia out, then you can undo the 4 screws holding the heater controls in, If you was to remove the air vents there is a chance of snapping the clips when you pull it out. So id move the controls and get from it from under it.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. The bottom of the radio is probably around the heater controls if that makes any difference?
Thanks given by:
You will have more room to fit your hand in when the fascia is removed Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, I'll let you know how I get on. Usually dreadful at this kind of stuff!
Thanks given by:
Its really easy. dont worry about it! Just dont force it and look for screws and nuts everywhere!
Thanks given by:
Absolutely no luck, radio is jammed in now and I can't reach the 10mm socket. Nightmare
Thanks given by:
Take the clocks out, you will be able to reach in from the side to lift it and push it back out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centre console Jimmy-hdi 5 1,214 28-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Jimmy-hdi
  Centre console Mole man 5 1,433 20-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mole man
  FIXED! - Centre console clock/outside temp gauge Smiley69 25 8,305 11-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Moose