Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Gti6 pad types?
#1
Hi,

I need to order some pads for a 283mm set up. Some adverts on eBay say there are 3 types of pads. How do I know which is the right type for my calipers? I don't have any used pads as reference so a bit stuck :-(

Cheers. PC.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
#2
Might mean different sizes? Theres 247, 266 and 283mm disk sizes
When i put the GTI front brakes on my DT i went to my local motaquip and give them a random GTI6 reg i pulled off auto trader and the disks and pads fit
#3
No mate. I know dturbo, HDI and GTI. I'm talking the shape of pads for gti brakes? I guess if I get Lucas pads they'll fit. Cheers pal.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
#4
I have heard they list 3 different styles of front pads for Gti6. I have only ever seen 1 style though.
#5
there is only one type of gti6 pad ever.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing broken bleen nipple/How many types of rear calipers? Iaitoo 16 7,877 31-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Rear Pad Types MY95 8 4,175 16-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Last Post: MY95
  rear brake shoe types JayDub 0 1,857 21-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Last Post: JayDub

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)